Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

R&D and Production bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> R&D and Production bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 6:53:30 PM   
Alamander

Has anyone ever seen this bug? And what am I going to do about it? This is a PDU:Off game, and I am counting on these planes.

Here is the situation. It is Nov. 2, 1942. I have a Tony 61 factory sitting for a month waiting for the Kawasaki 60 engine to go into production to produce planes. On Nov. 2,1942, the Kawasaki 60 engine factory is blue and at 100% R&D as seen below.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 6:55:20 PM   
AtParmentier

For how many turns is it like this?

(in reply to Alamander)
Post #: 2
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 6:58:08 PM   
Alamander

I open the Nov. 3 turn today, expecting to have produced my first Kawasaki 60 engine and probably my first Tony 61a aircraft. Instead, I find the Kawasaki 60 engine has reverted to 1% R&D, but is no longer listed as R&D and has no date as if it were now producing (you will note in the column marked "Size-producing). Instead of producing engines, however, as it should be, it is still producing R&D (now reset to 1%). Again, I am counting on these planes. This is a PDU:off game, and I need the 3 squadrons of Tonies to start filling out.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to AtParmentier)
Post #: 3
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 7:06:20 PM   
Alamander

quote:

ORIGINAL: AtParmentier

For how many turns is it like this?

It reached 100% on Nov. 2, 1942, and on Nov. 3 reverted to 1% R&D, but is no longer listed like a model under R&D. Instead, as I show, it is now listed as producing, except it is still producing R&D rather than actual engines and the R&D has been reset to 1%.

(in reply to AtParmentier)
Post #: 4
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 7:16:27 PM   
BBfanboy

I haven't played with IJ aircraft production, but maybe you should have set upgrades to NO for that engine?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alamander)
Post #: 5
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 7:18:51 PM   
Nomad

disregard.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 9/15/2020 7:20:18 PM >

(in reply to Alamander)
Post #: 6
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 7:19:45 PM   
geofflambert

When a research factory is blue, that either means you still have time to convert it to research something else, rather than have it go into production. That opportunity to reassign it will end at the end of the month. If it is blue on the month before production begins, it's just giving you fair warning that the factory is about to be available for production. Not a bug. You see the date it will be available is 12/42. You stated it was 11/42. You have to wait til the first of the month and then there's still a die roll (I believe) before it spits out its first engine or plane.

(in reply to Alamander)
Post #: 7
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 7:27:47 PM   
Alamander

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

When a research factory is blue, that either means you still have time to convert it to research something else, rather than have it go into production. That opportunity to reassign it will end at the end of the month. If it is blue on the month before production begins, it's just giving you fair warning that the factory is about to be available for production. Not a bug. You see the date it will be available is 12/42. You stated it was 11/42. You have to wait til the first of the month and then there's still a die roll (I believe) before it spits out its first engine or plane.

Once a factory reaches 100%, it enters production. You can see that the Kawasaki-60 engine is not listed as an R&D engine any longer. It is now a production model, and I can convert any producing factory to produce them (but cannot convert R&D factories to produce them). The problem is that the factories that I set to it are producing R&D rather than engines.

Do you think they will start producing actual engines after a random number check on some future turn? I am hoping so, because I don't want to have to tear down that whole factory by converting it to something else, only to reconvert it to Kawasakis to get it to produce them. That would be throwing 50K supply in the garbage and waiting 2 months to get full production.

< Message edited by Alamander -- 9/15/2020 7:30:43 PM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 8
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 7:35:16 PM   
Alamander

I am fairly certain that I have seen R&D factories sit at 100% for more than 1 day and models remain in the R&D tree during this time, probably as the result of some failed RNG, but I have never seen a factory go from 100% to 1% and continue to produce R&D after the model has entered production.

< Message edited by Alamander -- 9/15/2020 7:36:26 PM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 9
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 8:29:26 PM   
Q-Ball

It's also using HI points as if it's producing engines....which is concerning

(in reply to Alamander)
Post #: 10
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 8:58:33 PM   
jdsrae

If you check via the Int screen, aircraft/engines area does it show you’ve built 1x Kawasaki engine?
I’ll bet 2 South Pacific Shellbits that it changes to white tomorrow.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 11
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/15/2020 11:54:51 PM   
Alamander

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdsrae

If you check via the Int screen, aircraft/engines area does it show you’ve built 1x Kawasaki engine?
I’ll bet 2 South Pacific Shellbits that it changes to white tomorrow.

No engines were produced on Nov. 3 and there are none in the pool. The factory produced a point of R&D rather than an engine (and apparently used heavy industry to do it). I just sent off the turn. We will see if it turns white. I hope so; otherwise I am going to tear down the factory and rebuild it; throw away 50k supply in the process; and wait 2 months for my Kawasaki engines to return to full production. Meanwhile, I need to upgrade Nate squadrons to useable fighters, and Tony is what I have in PDU:off. There really is no other option.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 12
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/16/2020 4:59:52 AM   
jdsrae

Well, fingers are crossed for you that it resolves itself, but I have 2 shellbits ready for collection if it doesn’t!

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to Alamander)
Post #: 13
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/16/2020 6:35:50 AM   
rustysi

quote:

That opportunity to reassign it will end at the end of the month.

It ends after one day.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 14
RE: R&D and Production bug - 9/16/2020 9:13:59 PM   
Alamander

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdsrae

Well, fingers are crossed for you that it resolves itself, but I have 2 shellbits ready for collection if it doesn’t!

No need. It eventually did resolve itself and the factory converted to producing actual engines. There must be more than 1 RNG involved in a factory converting from R&D to production: maybe one for the airframe or engine in general and another for each specific factory. That is the only thing that I can deduce other than just a strange anomaly.

I'll buy you a drink if you are ever in my area of the woods. I warn you though that I live in the middle of nowhere and try to have as little contact as possible with modern city-folk... lol.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> R&D and Production bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI