Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/2/2020 2:52:06 PM   
Daniele

Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam. Revive the first and most crucial days of Operation Overlord, from the first steps on the beaches of Normandy to Carentan and Carpiquet (and more).

This version benefits of many improvements and changes made specifically for this release, including new setting available for HD resolutions and it doesn't require to run in windowed mode in Win 8/10 anymore!

To celebrate this important event, we have created a Close Combat Collection Bundle (The Bloody First, Gateway to Caen, Panthers in the Fog, Last Stand Arnhem, Wacht am Rhen, Close Combat: The Longest Day) at 30% off! Check it out!

Important note for Matrix users. Close Combat: The Longest Day Matrix version will need to be uninstalled and installed again to get the improvements working.
Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/2/2020 4:59:28 PM   
Tejszd

My assumption is "the improvements" in v5.50.20 are the scaling features added to LSA & WAR?
- Framed Window
- Use DPI
- Scale Front End
- Scale UI
- lock Mouse

I also noticed the file size is much smaller, like WAR was, so I assume CC5 Classic has been removed? I haven't done a test install yet to know for sure as I'm backing up all my mods before doing the uninstall and install.

Edit: Thank you for the update!

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 6/2/2020 10:08:15 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/2/2020 6:16:38 PM   
zakblood

supports windows 10 build Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406) straight out the box on 1920 x 1080 with a high DPI used like mine,

clean install of windows 10 latest and none standard DPI used and works well with no other options in game needed to be altered User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent) tried on my test rig

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/2/2020 8:56:39 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Correct - Classic CC5 as a mod is no longer part of the The Longest Day, for the same reasons as WaR.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/4/2020 3:54:19 PM   
reject007

Okay I am confused. I am not on my main account so I think this account has no titles to its name. Anyhow,

So there are now three versions of this game,
1. GoG version
2. Original PC altered to Matrix New Names
3. Steam Versions that fixes problems with the releases to GoG and the ones bought in #2 above.

I am asking this since the title(s) are on discount and I am trying to sort out just what is what, like is the Steam version of The Longest Day better than the GoG or the version you released with no Steam link/tie-in/service? I did notice a new version installer when I started to try and figure out what is what. So can you say what is the story? Are the GOG versions going to be fixed then with all these new features mentioned in your article annoucing the steam release (I am still thinking about getting a gog release in addition to the originals I bought (not the SSI but Matrix versions that renamed the titles, i.e. The Longest Day) from Matrix Games (not slitherine store).

Thanks.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 5
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/5/2020 6:35:10 PM   
SteveMcClaire

My understanding is that GOG and Matrix versions have been / will be updated as well but I will ask Slitherine to verify if this is the case or not.

(in reply to reject007)
Post #: 6
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/6/2020 2:50:11 AM   
FeurerKrieg

This might be the same question as reject007, but is the original Matrix version getting this update? I own the original TLD from Matrix and just wonder if I need to buy it again if I want the updates.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 7
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/6/2020 5:15:45 AM   
Tejszd

The Matrix/Slitherine full download in the members area has been updated. You can download it, uninstall and then install the new download.

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 8
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/8/2020 8:07:45 AM   
Surtur

Hi guys,

Sorry for the confusion here. All versions, Matrix, GoG and Steam have been remastered to the latest build of the game. Which means all will benefit from the recent changes. If you have the Matrix version of Close Combat, you are advised to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Best,

Surtur

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 9
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 6/21/2020 7:18:07 PM   
Tejszd

A few minor issues with this release;
- very fast flashing unit names. LSA/WAR have this issue too and on the LSA STEAM forum Matrix stated this issue has been found.
- out of alignment support icon graphics, see below. There was no gap in the previous releases.
- version number confusion
Download file name = CloseCombatLongestDay-SetupRelease-v5.50.20
EXE version 5.50.14b when you right click, go to properties and details
Front End UI 5.50.2b

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 6/21/2020 7:22:32 PM >

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 10
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 10/14/2020 3:47:39 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

A few minor issues with this release;
- very fast flashing unit names. LSA/WAR have this issue too and on the LSA STEAM forum Matrix stated this issue has been found.
- out of alignment support icon graphics, see below. There was no gap in the previous releases.
- version number confusion
Download file name = CloseCombatLongestDay-SetupRelease-v5.50.20
EXE version 5.50.14b when you right click, go to properties and details
Front End UI 5.50.2b

All the above, except the actual exe version when you right click, have been fixed in 5.50.32.

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 10/14/2020 3:50:41 AM >

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 11
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 11/27/2020 10:23:11 AM   
letecaveverica

I purchased a copy on Steam and I cannot play it online. Is the multiplayer option available only through Gameradar? As I also cannot add the game on Gameradar. Any suggestions?

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 12
RE: Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam - 11/27/2020 4:23:11 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Using a relay service like Hamatchi or Gameranger is perhaps the easiest way to connect to an opponent, but you can do it without these services if you open the necessary ports in your firewall / router. Both players must open the DirectPlay ports as described in this post:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1382293

The exact steps you'll need to go through vary from router to router, but this general guide should give you the general idea.

(in reply to letecaveverica)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Close Combat: The Longest Day is out now on Steam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI