Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Someone out there has a SERIOUS infection!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Someone out there has a SERIOUS infection!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Someone out there has a SERIOUS infection!!! - 8/20/2003 7:05:11 AM   
Warhorse

I'm getting 173 ******* e-mails, ALL with attachments to my matrix e-mail account, anyone that has my addy check your virus software, 'cause this **** is ******* me off, I'm gonna cancel that **** account, gotta sit through God knows how long till they are all DL'd!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Goddamn ****** off Warhorse:mad:

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Post #: 1
- 8/20/2003 8:31:44 PM   
Rhodan

I sense some hostility? Negative vibes perhaps?:D

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 2
- 8/20/2003 8:44:24 PM   
Belisarius

Eh, at least I'm innocent.

Warhorse you ol' Huzzar - smack up an e-mail filter! :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 3
- 8/20/2003 9:02:25 PM   
Warhorse

Yes, lot's of hostility, everyone should have virus protection!!! Belisarius, It's kinda hard to filter, since there are a lot of different subject line types, this thing constantly is sending to my mail, about one every so many minutes!! At least I found out how to delete the whole shbang at the server level!! Am working on getting some filters set up though, this is a real PITA!! Later,

Warhorse

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
- 8/20/2003 10:30:35 PM   
Grenadier

I'm having the same problem but I have a program called Mailwasher that is able to filter out the Virus dectected messages from Matrix and the virus's on the mail server so I do not have to download the mail. [url]www.mailwasher.com[/url]

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 5
Thanks alot, Brent!!! - 8/20/2003 10:55:39 PM   
Warhorse

I'll surely implement this little gem tonite!!

Warhorse

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 6
- 8/20/2003 11:16:26 PM   
Procrustes

We just got this from systems support at work - may explain what is going on.

===========
"Many folks are currently are seeing the result of SOBIG.F. SOBIG.F is a worm that propagates by mass-mailing copies of itself using its own Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) engine. It collects email addresses from files found on the infected server. The worm will fake the FROM field using an email addresses found on the infected machine so that its email messages appear to originate from one source but was actually sent from another. If the worm emails a copy of itself to an incorrect or invalid email address, a message will be returned to the faked address and not the original address that sent it. Many people will receive notices that their email could not be delivered or was infected when in fact they were not the ones to send the email in the first place. We are protected against this worm but unfortunately others may not be. We will continue to see annoying emails as a result of this worm until September 10th, when the worm shuts itself down."

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 7
- 8/20/2003 11:34:35 PM   
tracer

I've found that the best defense against e-mail worms and virii is to [U]not[/U] use Outlook Express...its the biggest 'target', so most of these a**holes write their malicious code to specifically exploit it.

just an observation

Jim NSB

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 8
- 8/20/2003 11:41:33 PM   
Frank W.

yep. got some of them ( 20 ) or so, too.

all yesterday. today not a single one.

but i´m not infected checked w/ 2 actual virus scanner, as well i´m not using M$ internet explorer, outlook or win XP/2000..

that are the mostly targeted systems from the acuall worms/viruses...

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 9
- 8/20/2003 11:43:42 PM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Procrustes
[B]We just got this from systems support at work - may explain what is going on.

===========
"Many folks are currently are seeing the result of SOBIG.F. SOBIG.F is a worm that propagates by mass-mailing copies of itself using its own Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) engine." [/B][/QUOTE]

If this is true, then a firewall like [I]Zone Alarm[/I] (its free, and blocks programs attempting to access the internet [U]from[/U] your computer) should stop it from propogating [I]and[/I] alert you to its presense.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 10
- 8/21/2003 3:36:19 AM   
Belisarius

What baffles me the most is that this virus is spread as a frickin' ordinary attachment to a mail.

Standard rule #1: If you don't know the sender DON'T KLICK ON THE GODD*MNED ATTACHMENT! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

What is it with people these days anyway? "oooh it's such a pretty pretty attachement....I've just GOT to open it... "

Got StuG?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 11
LOL!!! - 8/21/2003 6:15:21 AM   
Warhorse

No sh1t Belasarius, it does boggle the mind!!! I can see some dumbass clicking on each of every 173 attachments,-"gee, people sure love me today, lets see what my details are, ooooh, a wicked screensaver, hmm, that one didn't do anything, let me try the next one, hmm....!!!:D :D

Warhorse

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 12
- 8/21/2003 10:59:05 PM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grenadier
[B]I'm having the same problem but I have a program called Mailwasher that is able to filter out the Virus dectected messages from Matrix and the virus's on the mail server so I do not have to download the mail. [url]www.mailwasher.com[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

I've been using the Pro version of this for many months now. I wouldn't be without it.

What, me worry?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 13
- 8/22/2003 6:40:51 AM   
bchapman

[B]Originally posted by Grenadier [/B] "[B]I'm having the same problem but I have a program called Mailwasher that is able to filter out the Virus dectected messages from Matrix and the virus's on the mail server so I do not have to download the mail. [url]www.mailwasher.com[/url] [/B] "

I think it should be [URL]http://www.mailwasher.net[/URL]

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Someone out there has a SERIOUS infection!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI