Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to load game after installation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> Tech Support >> Unable to load game after installation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to load game after installation - 1/13/2020 2:23:15 AM   
jmkas

I have downloaded the game 'To End All Wars' and the DLC. I have installed them, along with providing the proper SNs during the installs. Upon launching the game I get prompted for the serial number again. I enter both the serial numbers for the main game and the DLC but I get errors - I cut and pasted from the original email's from the purchase receipt, but the game is not accepting them.

The error message that I receive is "Impossible de creer le fichier C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\EAW\Setting\General.opt" Access is denied.

To add: Ran the install as an admin on the PC, and have launched the app as an admin on the PC, and installed using the English language as the default language.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Joe

< Message edited by jmkas -- 1/13/2020 2:25:57 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to load game after installation - 1/13/2020 4:52:00 AM   
zakblood

check your firewall and antivirus logs to see if either have blocked or stopped a file or program from running

(in reply to jmkas)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to load game after installation - 1/13/2020 10:32:11 PM   
jmkas

Thanks for the suggestion zakblood. Support from Slitherine did respond with:

Please open the folder where you've installed the game. Locate and select a file named "autorun.exe". Press the right mouse button and select "Properties". Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the option "Run this program as an administrator". Click on "Apply" and "Ok". Double click on "autorun.exe" for running the program and check if the issue persists.

That worked, still had to enter the base game serial number again, but instead to throwing an error, there was a message that the SN had been stored and the game loaded. Subsequent loads of the game did not require the serial number.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> To End All Wars Series >> Tech Support >> Unable to load game after installation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI