Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airforce mechanic needs less restrictions and more infrastructure options

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Airforce mechanic needs less restrictions and more infrastructure options Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airforce mechanic needs less restrictions and more infr... - 1/18/2021 3:06:10 AM   
Nagabaron

I really enjoy this update, and haven been playing since the game first released. Yet as of now, building an Airforce is too limiting and requires to much investment to get going to make it viable, which by mid-game, you might as well forgo it.
The game is supposed to emulate the return of the Industrial Revolution, a 1930's rebirth. Wars in the 20's and 30's, from the Greco-Turkish War 1919-21 to the Spanish Civil War featured small amounts of aircraft, so it would make perfect sense having Aircraft be available on Tech-3, any starts, Turn 1.

So I implore Vic to make it available at Turn 1 like the "Transport Hub", meaning the following:

-Airstrip Hubs (Private Asset), which requires 1,000 Credits to Nationalize. Nationalization of an Airport Hub transforms it into a Mil. Aerodrome (Public Asset). Lastly, the Private Asset version generated by the Private Economy is called a Civ. Aerodrome. The Airbase remains an Airbase but cannot be built in Cities because of the Military Aerodrome addition.

-Airstrip Hubs produce 20/40/60 airbasePoints and 50/60/70 Private Credits over three levels.

-Civ. Aerodrome produce 100/200/300 airbasePoints, 20/40/60 airbaseActionPoints, and 2/3/4% Private Bonus Points over three levels.

-Mil. Aerodrome produce 80/160/320/640/1280/2560/5120 airbasePoints, 100/110/120/130/140/150/160 airbaseActionPoints, and 1/2/3/4/5/6/7% AirTraining Bonus Points over seven levels.

-Airbases produce 40/80/160/320/640/1280/2560 airbasePoints, 100/110/120/130/140/150/160 airbaseActionPoints, 20/30/40/50/60/70/80 airbaseActionPoints and over seven levels.

The cause and effects of these changes will mean that:

-Militia now have Militia-Aircraft. The idea is that you have strong chances of starting out with Ultralight and Light Aircraft that are Recon and Fighter-Bomber based. Propeller or Rocket Engine based depending upon atmosphere attributes.

-You automatically start out with the Ultralight Aircraft Model on Tech-3, and Propeller Engine is moved from "Basic Tech" to "Early Tech".

-Air Bridges can be built using airbaseActionPoints using Cities now.

-For fun, Farmers, Slavers, and Raiders should have access to Air Balloons and Ultralight Aircraft.

Lastly, to better push Airforces more, all aircraft should be reduced one Airbase Minimum Level prerequisite to get higher Models pushed out faster onto the map. Ultralight Aircraft wouldn't be OP if there Airba stat was 0 like Helicopters as they essentially have no purpose other than Recon which would be intriguing early game if they could be deployed closer to fronts to further scout ahead. The rate at which aircraft Models are deployed, I feel like I should already have had the next larger size Model to counter higher levels and densities of armored units, and the time it takes to produce Airbases to deploy said aircraft is daunting. Every Airbase level till 4 should take only one Turn to construct to really push their usage across rapidly moving fronts.

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Airforce mechanic needs less restrictions and more infrastructure options Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI