Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oh the irony!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Oh the irony! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oh the irony! - 1/9/2021 2:30:45 PM   
Sieppo

Decided to start my first game with a truly democratic state after I had some problems with citizens in my last heavily autocratic game. Extreme difficulty.

So it is like turn five, only faction I have by surprise is the democratic party. I appoint my most capable guy, Vlad Taylor, IV capability, ambition 54, (Profile only Militia ++) as director of interior council, my second council. AND WHAT DOES HE DO TO THANK ME on the next turn or so? Form the Reformist League, an autocratic +++ faction .. Goddamn bastard.

SOOOO, I have now a major obstacle with my democratic goals. They are going to keep pushing their autocratic leaders and be dissatisfied on anything democratic I try to do. Any ideas what to do? I have pretty much ignored factions in all my games. Should I try retire all their leaders or any way to combat this problem?

I'm quite certain, Vic has coded this to be on purpose on harder difficulties..

Attachment (1)

> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
Post #: 1
RE: Oh the irony! - 1/9/2021 2:32:40 PM   
Sieppo

And of course in any political and especially democratic system there is the opposition. I have it now :D.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 2
RE: Oh the irony! - 1/9/2021 7:24:50 PM   
KingHalford

The characters can really fight against your wishes huh? I like it, although it can be annoying when you've got a specific direction in mind. It's like the chariot pulled by four horses all running in different directions

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 3
RE: Oh the irony! - 1/10/2021 12:01:38 PM   
zgrssd

A opposing ideology is manageable - as long as their ideology is supressed by mine.

Autocracy is supressed by democracy. Meaning I can throw those guys a bone once in a while in form of a Autocratic choice, everytime where Democracy is not on the list of options I can take.

The other way around - their profile supressing your target - is much worse.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 1/10/2021 12:02:06 PM >

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 4
RE: Oh the irony! - 1/12/2021 9:59:52 PM   
Philo32b

Like zgrssd said, it would be worse if he was of the Meritocracy faction. If that was the case, especially early on when you don't have ancient tech or cards to keep him under wraps, I would fire him and retire him as soon as I get those cards. A meritocracy opposition to your democracy is only going to get more and more meritocratic and subvert others to join his faction. They might rebel when relations get too low.

I squash opposition factions in every game I play, even if I lose good characters.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Oh the irony! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI