Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash to Desktop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Crash to Desktop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash to Desktop - 8/9/2003 12:16:24 PM   
gus

Intermittently when pressing the 'resume game' or 'save game' button KP will CDT.

I am using windows XP.

-g
Post #: 1
- 8/9/2003 11:33:18 PM   
DonStone

I too have seen this once (also on XP).

It occurred when I hit "replace it" while saving the game.

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 2
- 8/10/2003 9:59:37 PM   
DonStone

Saw this again and confirmed: the save successfully completes prior to the CTD.

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 3
- 8/11/2003 3:23:47 PM   
Rob Gjessing

Arhrh the old Save and then CTD.. thats a feature.. its called the emergency exit.. its part of the enhanced AI where the PC determines, based on the fact you selected save that you probably want to exit also :) Errmm.. ok maybe its not.

(just to be clear.. thats a joke ok..)

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 4
- 8/13/2003 8:06:37 AM   
Ross Moorhouse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonStone
[B]Saw this again and confirmed: the save successfully completes prior to the CTD. [/B][/QUOTE] Please zip the save and attach it to a reply post to me here.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 5
- 8/13/2003 5:30:54 PM   
DonStone

Apologies, the problem is intermittment (and rare) and a I did not keep a save file from the last occurrence. I will do so the next time it happens.

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 6
- 8/15/2003 8:35:13 PM   
warren_peace

I too have had intermittent crashes to the desktop in windows XP (Home). I play on a Dell Inspiron 8100 Laptop. Last night it happend when I was in the order of battle menu and hit resume. However, I was unable to repeat the actions that made it crash.

The game has crashed about three or four times since I got it last Saturday. At least twice it crashed from the order of battle menu and once from the terrain effects menu. It never happens the first time I access a information window, but seems to happen the second or third time.

Also, when the crash occurs and I load auto-save the game does not appear to have been saved.

Warren:confused:

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 7
- 8/16/2003 12:43:45 PM   
Adam Parker

Ross I've had 2 CTD's both whilst ending a combat routine and clicking "exit".

Here's a zip of the last - but owing to the crash has only saved my German end positions for turn 3 of Wiking Wipeout.

The crash occured during the next German turn 4 whilst attacking with the 1st SS at the north against the retreating Russian 18th Tank Corps - this after 2 successful combats with the Luftwaffe against the Russian recon just below.

Also note how the Russian AI has advanced its supply truck to the front line in the south (another matter!).

Running a worm free XP Home but did have Norton AV operational. Sometimes a culprit so will try again with it off for you.

Adam.
(NB for email, use my home address)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 8
- 8/16/2003 1:39:14 PM   
Adam Parker

Ross FYI successfully completed the scen with NAV still active. Saved every turn though. No further strange behavior.

Was very nice to see the AI play a totally different game and no sign of any enemy supply trucks at the front this turn.

Strange as it was to have seen the supply truck appear as mentioned in the previous post, it may have had something to do with the instability which led to the CTD.

I did see the enemy move across a destroyed bridge though - and I must check the rules to see if this is meant to occur! FYI if not.

Adam.

(in reply to gus)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Crash to Desktop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI