Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiple races invading a planet at the same time and troop recruitment automation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Multiple races invading a planet at the same time and troop recruitment automation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiple races invading a planet at the same time and t... - 1/30/2021 9:30:55 PM   
EliphasTheInheritor

Hello Erik, if you're reading this, I have two questions:

1.Let's say 3 or more races are invading an owned planet (or a neutral one) at the same time, how would you go about determining the winner? For example, in DW:U if the Zenox were invading a neutral planet and I would drop troops into the battle that the Zenox were winning, then I would win the planet and that's unfair and fun breaking. Is there a way to have more races battle for a single planet?

2.In DW:U if I set the special forces recruitment to high and infantry to low in the policy settings, the AI will still build more infantry than special forces and that is quite problematic. Does automation recruitment work as intended in DW:2?
Post #: 1
RE: Multiple races invading a planet at the same time a... - 1/31/2021 12:37:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

I recall this being a pretty complex issue to solve back when we were working on DW1 and I don't recall what our final resolution was off the top of my head, but I'm sure we haven't run into that situation again in DW2 so far. Guessing the current logic is identical to DW1, but for testing those kinds of corner cases the beta will be quite helpful.

The AI should respect those settings and the army templates in DW2.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to EliphasTheInheritor)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiple races invading a planet at the same time a... - 1/31/2021 4:54:32 PM   
ASHBERY76

It should be a battle royal for the win.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Multiple races invading a planet at the same time and troop recruitment automation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI