Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Slight enhancement to the campaign system

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Slight enhancement to the campaign system Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slight enhancement to the campaign system - 5/16/2000 10:47:00 PM   
Spanky

Hey WB, This is a suggestion I had previously made to Don Goodbrand regarding SPWW2. How about modifying the campaign editor / campaign system so that when starting out on the first mission (in a premade campaign), you could actually choose as to whether to buy and deploy yourself, as you would normally do, or whether to stick with a battle group and/or deployment already preset by the scenario designer? Technically, you'd be playing a regular scenario, then carrying those troops over to the rest of the campaign. The cool thing about it is that it would add some drama, or immersion if you will, to playing a campaign. For example, you'd have the chance of commanding the actual Kampfgruppe Peiper, starting out from a historical situation they were in, and "taking over" from there. I'm sure you'll agree that a good "pre-scripted" scenario can be excellent for setting the stage for a campaign. And compared to the "series" concept, you'd have more of a feeling that you're actually in command, since you get to manage the outfit's ressources, your decisions have a long term effect, etc. What do you think?

Post #: 1
- 5/16/2000 10:59:00 PM   
Spanky

Oops! Sorry about this. I see now that I should have posted this as a "reply", not a new topic. Guess who's the greenhorn... Anyway, I've posted this to Wild Bill's scenario topic now.

(in reply to Spanky)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Slight enhancement to the campaign system Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI