Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Training troops

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Training troops Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Training troops - 6/11/2020 8:26:13 PM   
RecliningJohnnyD

Is it worth it to organize training units in order to have your eventual replacements gain XP?
Meaning a cheap OHQ level unit on "field training" garrisoned in a town with a high-level barracks, with the purpose of using these trained recruits in setting up better-equipped formations.
Similarly to how you'd train a conscript force.

I've seen it mentioned that it is worth it to recruit replacements to the SHQ in advance so that they get training, but I´ve only seen them reach 10 XP.

Cheers

JohnnyD
Post #: 1
RE: Training troops - 6/11/2020 8:33:05 PM   
zgrssd

Trainign depends on commaner, and other troops in teh unit:

quote:

Free Experience PointsThere is free Experience gain without combat up to around 20 XP.This can be (much) higher if you have Experience Classes Regular, Seasoned or Veteran present in the Unit.It can also be higher if your Relation with the Commander is >50 (and inversely lower if Relation is lower<50). Relation plays an important role in the willingness to make a maximum effort.Basic increase per round is +2 XP, but this can be higher if you have non-Green Veterancy Class present in the Unit.It can also be higher when certain Postures are chosen for the Formation like “Field Training”

Handbook, 5.10.5.1. Experience

(in reply to RecliningJohnnyD)
Post #: 2
RE: Training troops - 6/11/2020 8:42:21 PM   
zgrssd

Training is the moste usefull, if there is a high Veterancy Level unit around. they both give more XP to other units and allow a higher training cap. I think you ran into the training cap:
With Regular it can go up to 10
With Seasoned up to 20
With Veteran, up to 40

Example from the Handbook (I can not follow it completely myself):
"For example a Unit with 2000 Veteran infantry that looses 200 of its infantry and gets 200 new Green infantry assigned. The training XP maximum will be put at (2/20 * 20 XP) + (18/20 * 50 XP) = 47 XP and growth will be at (2 * 2/20) + (10 * 18/20) = +9xp extra growth per round. So within like 5 rounds those Green replacements will be Seasoned due to the coaching and good examples and instructions given by the Veteran"

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Training troops - 6/11/2020 9:36:24 PM   
RecliningJohnnyD

Ah I see!
Thanks for clarifying that for me.

So I good strategy would be to form a training unit out of a cadre of experienced troops under the command of a commander that likes you?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Training troops - 2/26/2021 9:14:20 PM   
Daza99

So is this 'Field Training' Stratagem only applied/active when engaged in combat? or is it like a passive growth? ie. you might apply this to a garrisoned batt. and each turn they gain a little bit of XP?

If this stratagem is only applied in combat then they are likely to be very ineffective and perhaps better to pair them up with units that have other Statagems to help make up for their weakness.

(in reply to RecliningJohnnyD)
Post #: 5
RE: Training troops - 2/26/2021 9:24:57 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Field Training does increase passive XP growth, but only the amount gained, not where it caps out at. It is mostly useful for getting newly recruited units trained up to their cap fast. I guess you could use it to farm XP through combat too if you have some easy targets available that aren't really strong enough to fight back.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 6
RE: Training troops - 2/26/2021 9:40:04 PM   
Daza99

Thanks for your reply. So new recruits are from when you form a new formation or when you lose men and you manually replace troops? or is it both? and does quality of troops indicate experience as well or does quality relate more to equipment they are given?

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 7
RE: Training troops - 2/26/2021 10:05:26 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Newly produced subunits start at 0 XP (the XP value shown for subunits in the UI is the average of all the subunits of that type and veterancy level in the formation). Quality level does not have anything to do with XP, it is purely tied to the model.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 8
RE: Training troops - 2/26/2021 10:22:13 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

Newly produced subunits start at 0 XP (the XP value shown for subunits in the UI is the average of all the subunits of that type and veterancy level in the formation). Quality level does not have anything to do with XP, it is purely tied to the model.

Note that the Reinfrocements machanic recently got a update.
It will now automatically replace gear, if the existing subunit of that type already has more experience - given the old gear to the gree guys and keeping those back int the HQ.

It is also worth pointing out that there is only a chance for levelup to a veterancy level on specific XP numbers - so subunits of the same XP value can have 2, 3 or even 4 different experience levels.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Training troops Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI