Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM - 3/10/2021 2:40:38 PM   
MatJack

Hello,

I have not logged into steam for a long time and my password seems to now not work. I've went through the password reset process they have via the online help interface but now matter what password combo or length I enter it (the steam online help interface) is not taking it. I'm now at the point of giving up with the online help interface in getting things to work.

[RANT]
I'm not a heavy steam user and only occasionally game and if I did not have $$ invested in Matrix games on that site I would just drop them and move on.......what a pain in the a$$!
[END RANT]

Anyone know how to contact steam support via chat interface or a phone number to help get password reset function to work?
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM - 3/10/2021 2:56:09 PM   
Karri

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8668-OSLM-5149

Your new password probably doesn't meet the requirements. Double-check them.

(in reply to MatJack)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM - 3/10/2021 3:54:25 PM   
MatJack

Thanks for the reply.

Do they list the password complexity requirements anywhere? I did not find it but I do see they mention it.

"NOTE: It must not be a previous password and must meet the password strength requirements."

Password complexity should not be an issue for me since I use an app to manage things, anyway here's one from a password generator app that I think should work but it will not:

kgOmrm@E77 Has upper case, has lower case, has both alpha and numeric characters and has a wild card character.

Problem is that at no place in the online password reset/forgot password process can you submit/ask for assistance. All you get when entering a new password twice is "The entered is invalid"..............I would figure at some point or someplace you should be able to click a link or a prompt that allows for asking for additional assistance. Maybe after a couple of attempts I should get a popup or prompt of some sort to allow opening a support ticket via email, opening a support chat window or giving a support contact phone number...nope, nothing just a password fail message.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM - 3/10/2021 5:03:51 PM   
Karri

support@steampowered.com

Might work.

Found this as well:

"Select a Strong Password
A strong password is a necessary first step toward ensuring the security of your account. Your password should meet all of the minimum requirements listed below:

Use at least 6 characters
Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
Include at least one number within the password
Do not use a name, a word that could be found in the dictionary, or a series of letters as it appears on the keyboard ("qwerty" and "12345" are not secure passwords)"

(in reply to MatJack)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM - 3/10/2021 5:58:30 PM   
MatJack

Thanks for the reply

Email to above bounces back with a mail delivery error (NDR) message. My guess based on the NDR report is that that they no longer have a external public facing mail server properly configured to handle inbound email for that domain, only outbound using that domain.

According to what you found my password both with and without the "@" should work. Neither do in at least my case.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone know how to get live help for STEAM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI