Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Sonar contact position completely messed up?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Sonar contact position completely messed up? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Sonar contact position completely messed up? - 3/18/2021 8:06:29 PM   
cmanouser1

Unsure if I'm missing something.

I'm detecting a contact, it's shown as around 2nm behind me. Incertitude area is also behind me.

In the editor, with god view, it's actually 9nm in front of me:

If I turn the contact's active sonar, I'm alternatively detecting it as in front or behind me.

Save provided.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 3/20/2021 11:35:38 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sonar contact position completely messed up? - 3/18/2021 9:30:20 PM   
PaulTheWolf

Hi cmanouser1, and thanks for posting about this with the Save. At a glance I think this is Sonar Physics and Convergence Zones being modeled properly, but I've gone ahead and downloaded your file to test. I did notice the same behavior, but I also let the Scenario run for about 40 more seconds (Until ~18:02:42 Zulu Scenario Time) and got a clean contact with minimal scatter in the right position. This is likely part of our modeling of the various difficulties of Sonar functionality real-world. I'll run it by the team to confirm the absence of a bug, however. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

(in reply to cmanouser1)
Post #: 2
RE: Sonar contact position completely messed up? - 3/19/2021 10:16:55 AM   
cmanouser1

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaulTheWolf
I think this is Sonar Physics and Convergence Zones being modeled properly (...)
I also let the Scenario run for about 40 more seconds (Until ~18:02:42 Zulu Scenario Time) and got a clean contact with minimal scatter in the right position

Paul, are you using the latest build 1147.18 as indicated in OP? I cannot reproduce what you're seeing. Also, there are no CZs there, at least on this build.
See:
This is at 18:22 Zulu from my point of view.

Then god's view.

< Message edited by cmanouser1 -- 3/19/2021 10:18:51 AM >

(in reply to PaulTheWolf)
Post #: 3
RE: Sonar contact position completely messed up? - 3/19/2021 2:42:47 PM   
PaulTheWolf

Hi cmanouser! Good eyes, I had my standard .14 Steam Install running, not my Forum updated .18. However, that's going to end up being useful because it tells us how this situation SHOULD be working, and in .18 it doesn't appear to be functioning as intended. We made some heavy changes to Sonar Dynamics in .18 so it's likely related. I'm working on some reproduction testing outside of the scenario/platforms in question to test specifics, but it does look like one of the Sonar changes might have broken something. I'm looking into this presently and I'll keep you posted!

Paul.

(in reply to cmanouser1)
Post #: 4
RE: Sonar contact position completely messed up? - 3/20/2021 10:41:00 AM   
Dimitris

Thanks, fixed for the next update release.

(in reply to PaulTheWolf)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Sonar contact position completely messed up? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI