Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Theatre Box Event Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Theatre Box Event Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/1/2021 5:43:08 PM   
CaesarCzech

Is anyone planning to mod Theatre boxes so that Axis investment in them can pay of ? i generally find them underwhelming and i prefer to keep them somewhat below the stated rates because by the time it adds up you either already won or lost and are just trying to delay so i have no incentive to overinvest the only one is Finnish one.
Post #: 1
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/1/2021 5:49:24 PM   
AdmiralHalsey

They do seem... Underwealming.

I've had them all at over 100% requirements till December 41', and I've had 1 Axis ground success in North Africa, and gained a net 4VP.

Not even the same as capturing one additional VP Hex.

(in reply to CaesarCzech)
Post #: 2
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/1/2021 7:26:53 PM   
carlkay58

The system is already in place to reward/punish the player for the theater boxes. But do not expect things to happen instantly. This is a long war - both on the Eastern Front and the rest of the world.

Each turn your garrisons in the theater boxes are checked against your garrison percentages. First the land garrison level is checked and you can get a theater advanced or a theater retarded message. Then the air garrison level is checked and you can get a theater advanced or theater retarded message. Or you get no message at all as everything is on the historical level. It will take about six advances/retarded results before the target date for the theater is actually starting to shift. Obviously if your garrison percentages are > 100% you will have the chance of advancing the theater while percentages < 100% will retard the theater. This will take some time to develop. The game effect is very minimal - although some would argue that the AP is the bigger gain/loss than the VPs.

The most common investment for the Soviets are in the Northern Front starting in mid - late 42. The Axis players seem to like investing in North Africa (hoping to free up those panzers and leaders). I don't recall anyone getting more than a one or two month swing on any of the theater boxes over the campaign. But I don't think that there were more than a 5% - 10% investment done.

(in reply to AdmiralHalsey)
Post #: 3
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/1/2021 8:41:58 PM   
Joel Billings

Also, important to note that you have less of a chance for a gain when over 100% of requirement then chance for a loss at less than 100%. It's not linear. So while it may not be worth a lot to overfill your TBs, it is more painful to underfill them.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 4
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/1/2021 9:25:39 PM   
MechFO

While we are on the subject of Theater Boxes what do the % numbers on the CV scoring of the Theater Boxes mean (Bomber 10%, Construction 5% etc.)?

Transport and Recon planes don't seem to count into Theater Box CV value, unlike WITW, this seems easily exploitable.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 1:48:13 PM   
CaesarCzech

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Also, important to note that you have less of a chance for a gain when over 100% of requirement then chance for a loss at less than 100%. It's not linear. So while it may not be worth a lot to overfill your TBs, it is more painful to underfill them.

Well what is the point of of having Theatre Management set to manual when basically having over 100% is not worth it ? also for Soviets in general it seems to be worth it to neglect Non-Continuation War theatres.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 1:54:01 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaesarCzech

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Well what is the point of of having Theatre Management set to manual when basically having over 100% is not worth it ? also for Soviets in general it seems to be worth it to neglect Non-Continuation War theatres.

you've misread the statement. The % chance of a gain is less than the % chance of a loss for a given variation around 100. So yes its worth it, but the game system chooses to punish shortages more then reward excess.

as to the value to the Soviets of over-allocation to the other theatres - see this AAR: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4941282

Post #: 7
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 1:58:11 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: MechFO

While we are on the subject of Theater Boxes what do the % numbers on the CV scoring of the Theater Boxes mean (Bomber 10%, Construction 5% etc.)?

Transport and Recon planes don't seem to count into Theater Box CV value, unlike WITW, this seems easily exploitable.

is this the info you are looking for? Section 36.12.1 onwards

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 8
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 3:25:31 PM   
CaesarCzech

Okay its dissapointing that capture of stuff like Leningrad doesnt even have Event like im not Cod Player but i do think stuff like that should have had event, its something you will actively stop and think why there isnt event about this ? so in this case the lack of bell and whistles so to speak manages to detract from experience, Like really there ?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 9
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 4:14:56 PM   
loki100

but it does trigger an event, see section 40 of the manual

Post #: 10
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 5:12:30 PM   
CaesarCzech

Guess i have to wait for it to trigger.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 11
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 6:44:52 PM   
MechFO

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: MechFO

is this the info you are looking for? Section 36.12.1 onwards

Thanks. The information I was looking for was that the CV that each category contributes to the total can not exceed the shown % of the base CV.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 12
RE: Theatre Box Event Mod - 4/2/2021 7:27:17 PM   
Zemke

I just let the computer take care of Theater Boxes, not worth the trouble to even think about. I am still trying to figure out how to meet the German historical advance, much less the TB.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Theatre Box Event Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI