Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Opponents Wanted >> Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario - 5/8/2021 10:48:15 PM   
Synau

Just looking for a game or three on some small or medium scenarios, I am no pro but I am not terrible either! Just an average player maybe a bit of a newer average player :P

I am happy to give anything a try really just looking for some regular opponents to start off small with!
Post #: 1
RE: Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario - 5/15/2021 7:45:39 AM   
Raver508

Hi Synau,

I'm interested in a game. I'm kind of an older average player I think :) Certainly not in the top tier by a long stretch, but I've been playing for a fair while, so have long run out of excuses!

Are you interested in a game of Fall Grau by any chance?

(in reply to Synau)
Post #: 2
RE: Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario - 5/15/2021 5:32:07 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raver508

In case Synau is put off by the apparent size (having asked for small to medium), I'll jump in here and point out that Fall Grau starts out fairly simple, with each side only using a few dozen pieces. It gets big later on.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 3
RE: Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario - 5/15/2021 9:22:18 PM   
Synau

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raver508

Hi Synau,

I'm interested in a game. I'm kind of an older average player I think :) Certainly not in the top tier by a long stretch, but I've been playing for a fair while, so have long run out of excuses!

Hey mate Fall Grau sounds good to me! I'll send you a PM and we can set it up!

golden delicious: - at first I was thinking that haha! But I did a bit of reading and seen a couple of AAR's and it seems exactly as you described it to be!

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 4
RE: Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario - 5/16/2021 1:38:14 AM   
Jeremy Mac Donald

I mean I really don't want to put anyone off of playing Fall Grau but I think Small applies much more to the Axis side then the Allied side. A pretty sizable Allied army starts on the map - it is just in the wrong places for the most part. Axis turns start pretty small and then get a bit longer as time goes on but Allied turns are actually fairly large from turn 1. In my experience, and depending on the circumstance they can actually get shorter later if most of the Allied units are actually in the line digging in and all you get to move is a handful of reinforcements.

So I absolutely hope you play and enjoy it but you should at least understand that it is not actually small - though it is by no means a monster scenario either and there is an element of a long build up allowing players to get used to it.

Remember absolutely no setting your planes on naval interdiction in the scenario ever. The last thing you want to do is have to play the turns over.

Necesse est multos timeat quem multi timent

"He whom many fear, fears many"

(in reply to Synau)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Opponents Wanted >> Look for Opponent - Small to Medium sized scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI