Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E or B-52

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E or B-52 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E... - 4/20/2021 6:30:03 PM   
BDukes

Hi All

Load scenario and observe from Red side. You have 4 Flat Face Radars and a SA-6. A B-52 and A-6 approach and are never detected by the flat faces. You'll eventually get a side aspect visual detection from the SA-6 much farther away. Test is at 36K but I've dropped down to medium/low and same result.

Mike

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/24/2021 6:54:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/21/2021 2:16:32 PM   
guanotwozero

Yep, I see that.

I tried changing the side's EMCON to active in case there was some inheritance issue there, but no difference.

If you switch to Blue, turn on the BUFF's radar and switch back, they still can't see it!

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 2
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/21/2021 4:11:42 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

Yep, I see that.

I tried changing the side's EMCON to active in case there was some inheritance issue there, but no difference.

If you switch to Blue, turn on the BUFF's radar and switch back, they still can't see it!

Thanks for the assist!

Mike

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 3
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/22/2021 11:29:42 AM   
WSBot

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 4
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/22/2021 6:44:14 PM   
boogabooga

I tried it, and it seems that the Flat Face has an altitude limit of 20000 ft AGL or so. I have no idea if that is realistic, but I would guess not. I fixed it by changing the bandit altitudes, and I can detect them now in version .21. Solution attached. I'm not sure why you were not able to detect them at lower altitude, perhaps they went under radar horizon?

You could use Spoon Rest (or Long Track) as a convincing place holder for now, I think.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 5
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/22/2021 8:11:45 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

I tried it, and it seems that the Flat Face has an altitude limit of 20000 ft AGL or so. I have no idea if that is realistic, but I would guess not. I fixed it by changing the bandit altitudes, and I can detect them now in version .21. Solution attached. I'm not sure why you were not able to detect them at lower altitude, perhaps they went under radar horizon?

You could use Spoon Rest (or Long Track) as a convincing place holder for now, I think.

Seeing it here too and definitely understand I could use any other working radar. Thanks!

Digging into Flat Face, sources say it is good at low-level, so maybe it's fine. This radar was likely added by Ragnar way back in the day so maybe worth another look.

Thanks!

Mike

< Message edited by BDukes -- 4/22/2021 8:21:20 PM >

(in reply to boogabooga)
Post #: 6
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/22/2021 11:16:42 PM   
Uzabit

The Flat Face is a radar specialized in detecting low flying targets. "The radar system was able to detect aircraft at an altitude of 50 to 5000 m at a distance of up to 200 km."

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 7
RE: Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E o... - 4/23/2021 4:42:49 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uzabit

The Flat Face is a radar specialized in detecting low flying targets. "The radar system was able to detect aircraft at an altitude of 50 to 5000 m at a distance of up to 200 km."

Good enough for me. Thanks for digging into this people!

Mike

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] Flat Face Radars cannot detect Front or Side A-6E or B-52 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI