Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Convoy issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Convoy issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Convoy issue - 4/17/2021 7:36:11 AM   
jusi

I cannot manage to have all the CW factories in production + the Senegalese resource going to France. Therefore, CW losts 1 production point for no good reason.

Actually, I can do it during the production plan preliminary step (by setting the route of both Guyanese resources through Central Atlantic + North Atlantic and the route of 2 Venezuelian resources through East Coast), but the game losts these routes when finalizing production and I cannot set the routes anymore at this point.

Any hint?

I use v4.2.2 and I don't remember having seen such an issue in v3.x (even if it always takes too much time to have the game doing what I want with the Allied convoys).

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Convoy issue - 4/17/2021 5:40:08 PM   
rkr1958

I was able to achieve: (1) Full CW production, (2) Full USA production & (3) Senegal RP routed to France.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to jusi)
Post #: 2
RE: Convoy issue - 4/17/2021 5:55:54 PM   
rkr1958

I've attached my mods to your game file to achieve this.

Here's the outline of the steps I went through.

1. Ok. This is a major PITA and one of my major gripes about MWiF. MWiF always want to give the Alaskan oil to the CW when the US gives any oil to the CW. I guess because that oil is first in the alphabet is the reason why but this has caused me much grief. The main reason is that when this resource is traded to the CW the program has to use a CW CP in the West Coast to transport it to Canada. And like me I see you have a 2-CP chain set up from Australia to Canada to route 2 of the 3 AUS RPs to Montreal and Toronto. Well, when MWiF "assigns" the AK oil as 1 of the US oil traded to the CW it breaks that chain for 1 of the AUS RPs. To "FIX" that I first go to the US screen and "deassign" that from the CW and "assign" another USA oil in its place. I will provide screen caps in the next post in case you're not familiar with how to do that. Then to keep MWiF for going against my wishes and reassigning the AK oil, which it loves to do I think just to irritate me, I then choose that oil as the 1 saved by the USA. That is I default save it so MWiF won't go monkeying with it again. This is big.

2. I then go back to the CW productions screen and default the two AUS RPs to Montreal and Toronto that I want routed through the Pacific.

3. To keep the 2 Ven oil from messing up other CP routes I decided to save them to Canada and then use 2 oil traded from the US for production. This ensures that the oil will travel from East Coast, North Atlantic & Bay of Biscay (US TR oil) vs trying to go through the Central Atlantic and Cape St. Vincent which interferes with South African, Indian, Senegalese RPs trying to get to factory.

4. In fact I will default RPs that need to travel through CSV and BoB (as seen) to a factory in order that they get first dibs on CPs in Cape St. Vincent and the Bay of Biscay, which will force RPs/Oil from Canada/USA to use the Faeroes Gap if there are no available CPs in the Bay of Biscay.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 4/17/2021 6:02:27 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: Convoy issue - 4/17/2021 6:10:44 PM   
rkr1958

In generating the screen CAPs to show how to reassigned the AK from the CW to the USA I got full CW & USA production and the Senegal RP to factory a "second way".

(1) I clicked the USA flag to go to US preliminary production.
(2) I then clicked on the Fairbanks, AK oil; under Clear Default clicked on the blank line under Oil Fairbanks which brought up the Choose Default Trade Country. I then clicked on none to deselect it from the CW.
(3) Next I tried to save it but since the USA is neutral and already is saving an oil I go a message stating so.
(4) I then went to the US oil that was being saved and cleared its default. I then decided to give this oil the CW in place of the AK oil.
(5) I next went back to the AK oil and saved it.
(6) Then I clicked on the CW flag and save it was at full production.
(7) Finally I clicked on the French flag and also saw the the Senegal RP was being routed to a factory.

Now, to caution this second solution I don't think is as "good" as the first in that more oil is being used for production which means less oil is being saved. However, this is a good starting point to try "exchange" non-oil RPs for oil in production and save those oil.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 4/17/2021 6:16:30 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 4
RE: Convoy issue - 4/20/2021 5:24:19 PM   
jusi

Many thanks for your very detailed answer!

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 5
RE: Convoy issue - 4/20/2021 10:24:15 PM   
Joseignacio

Production simply doesnt work right. You need to have more convoys than you should, to make it work, because the Artificial Stupidity selects useless routes sometimes. Even if you follow the texts and the tutorials, it simply is not working right.

Having to use more convoys means less resources arriving or/and more risk of running out of them after the AXIS subs' attrition.

You can edit your game files to have more convoys but you need to learn how and do it when necessary, and even then you'll still have too many convoys, which means more prey for the Axis.

I have had to play with 2 less for CW and 2 less for JA for many turns. At least they compensated somehow...

Also, the trade agreement oil from NEI sometimes didnt arrive to JA even there was more than necessary convoys.

A real Pain in the Ass.

(in reply to jusi)
Post #: 6
RE: Convoy issue - 4/21/2021 4:52:17 PM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Production simply doesnt work right. You need to have more convoys than you should, to make it work, because the Artificial Stupidity selects useless routes sometimes. Even if you follow the texts and the tutorials, it simply is not working right.

Having to use more convoys means less resources arriving or/and more risk of running out of them after the AXIS subs' attrition.

You can edit your game files to have more convoys but you need to learn how and do it when necessary, and even then you'll still have too many convoys, which means more prey for the Axis.

I have had to play with 2 less for CW and 2 less for JA for many turns. At least they compensated somehow...

Also, the trade agreement oil from NEI sometimes didnt arrive to JA even there was more than necessary convoys.

A real Pain in the Ass.

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Production planning is running quite good. I haven't run into anything major for a long time now. However: I do agree on the fact that it takes a lot of patience to master that part of the game. More info:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4962925

Peter

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 7
RE: Convoy issue - 4/21/2021 5:38:39 PM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

A real Pain in the Ass.

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Production planning is running quite good. I haven't run into anything major for a long time now. However: I do agree on the fact that it takes a lot of patience to master that part of the game. More info:

Since when, Peter? Because in the previous patch no, and in this one I havent had 4 or 6 spare hours to get crazy with the Artificial Dumbness and it's courtercommands to my orders. Has it substantially improved lately or it goes as usual?

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 4/21/2021 5:39:18 PM >

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
RE: Convoy issue - 4/21/2021 8:58:40 PM   
Centuur

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

quote:

A real Pain in the Ass.

Since when, Peter? Because in the previous patch no, and in this one I havent had 4 or 6 spare hours to get crazy with the Artificial Dumbness and it's courtercommands to my orders. Has it substantially improved lately or it goes as usual?

I haven't had problems with production planning (apart from one minor bug which has been reported a while ago which is still around, having to do with trading build points by Vichy France) for a very long time now.

I would suggest to take a look at the link I've posted and try to get things right in your game. If you can't get it right, I would be happy to get you going.

The most important trick is this: never close any preliminary production planning form of any major power, before all major powers on that side are correct. Always use the switch major power button until the calculations are all correct.

And: I never do anything during impulses with the production planning forms. I make changes during the preliminary production planning phase. In almost all turns, that's enough. Only if there are changes to convoy lines during the return to base phase, I might have to do some changes during the final production planning phase. But that really is exceptional.

< Message edited by Centuur -- 4/21/2021 9:00:24 PM >

Peter

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Convoy issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI