Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese player needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese player needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese player needed - 5/20/2020 5:19:38 PM   
BlitzimX

Very good day,

After tickeling around with the AI i want to dive deep into the game against a real human, dedicated to run a long term campaign.

I'm open to any kind of Japanese oponent, my only request is not to come with the mindset of steamrolling me; i'm far from being an experimented player and find no fun in being obliterated in 2 months. I want a challenge, keeping me on the toes, and be punished for huge mistakes, while still keeping it fun. No cheezy tactic please.

Other than that i usualy play DaBigBabe with extended map, current version is 1.7.11.24, not sure if it's the latest one. But But those details can be discussed :)

At the moment and for the coming weeks i can play minimum one turn a day. My time zone is GMT+2 at the moment.

Thanks a lot!
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/23/2020 12:55:39 PM   
Hoplosternum

Hi BlitzimX,

I am looking to play a game as the Japanese as my last game as the IJ has now ended.

I have not been able to steamroller anyone so far so don't worry too much about that! I tend to play a fairly conservative game, but you cannot be too predictable or slow as the Japanese otherwise you just loose (even more quickly). I have been playing since Uncommon Valor days but with gaps of often years with no games. So I am fairly experienced but have forgotten

I can usually make about 5 turns a week. This might be too slow for you? But it is a big game and the turns take time. And I occasionally have work or social commitments which interfere with taking turns.

I usually play stock (scenario 1) as the mods tend to make a big and complex game even bigger, more complex and slower. But I don't mind giving DaBigBabes a go if that is what you want.

Happy to have and discuss reasonable house rules.

(in reply to BlitzimX)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese player needed - 12/30/2020 11:55:00 AM   
BlitzimX

Greetings people,

Unfortunatly our current game had to stop due to unforseen events in my oponent's life. From a common accord we decided to stop the game.

I am then back here to look for a new Japanese player, either to pick up from where my oponent has left the game (we are January 12th) with some major decisions already made, or for a fresh new start. If we go for the first case, i really trust that my new oponent won't have read my ongoing AAR for this game.

Thanks!

(in reply to Hoplosternum)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese player needed - 12/30/2020 6:43:05 PM   
joliverlay

I might be a good opponent for you. I have played the game for many years PBM but ONLY as Allied. I have not even played against the AI as Japanese, so I would be learning as well. I normally get turns back quickly, but that won't happen if I play Japan, so 1 turn per day would be about right for me if thats what your looking for.

I've never done an AAR, but would like to do one from the Japanese side as I will need lots of help with industry and research. I'm interested in a semi-historical scenario and ground rules. Let me know if you are interested. Also, my first turn might take a while, unless we do a historical first turn. Anyway let me know.

One scenario I'm a bit interested in is "bottlenecks' by large slow target, but that's just a suggestion.

(in reply to BlitzimX)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese player needed - 3/8/2021 12:24:08 PM   
davidgillsol

Hi Don't know if this is closed, but interested in doing a PBEM after getting back into this after some years absence. My last PBEM finished some years ago. UK based and retired recently so can do at least a turn a day. Let me know if interested in following up

< Message edited by davidgillsol -- 3/9/2021 11:19:37 AM >

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/10/2021 8:43:53 PM   
Mike Raymond

So, don't see the thread closed. I want to play Japanese full war, stock scenarios only. I am not a novice - been playing since it came out on floppy disk, but only vs AI. I am finally ready.

WW2-The Big One
War Gaming Just Grew Up

(in reply to davidgillsol)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/10/2021 9:08:49 PM   
rustysi

quote:

been playing since it came out on floppy disk

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Mike Raymond)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/10/2021 10:11:29 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

been playing since it came out on floppy disk

I would guess he is talking about PacWar by SSI. I had that version, still have the printed manual.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/10/2021 10:56:51 PM   
Mike Raymond

Yup, that's the one. I too have the original manual. Great work to put it all on one floppy.
Been a Grigsby fan ever since.
So...?

WW2-The Big One
War Gaming Just Grew Up

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/13/2021 1:28:22 AM   
rustysi

It is definitely not the same game.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Mike Raymond)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese player needed - 5/13/2021 10:08:42 AM   
Mike Raymond

Of course not, having been 'updated' to the Matrix version. I have the latest, and all previous versions. It is the same core code.
Anyway, I want to play the modern version. Please consider.

WW2-The Big One
War Gaming Just Grew Up

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese player needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI