Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tracing Supply Through Thailand

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Tracing Supply Through Thailand Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/1/2021 4:11:02 PM   
marty01

The last two 1941 campaign games I've played -- both since the last patch -- Allied supply lines are arbitrarily switched off for a turn or two through Thailand. Moreover the Allies complete tossing the Japanese out of Burma and are moving through Thailand when suddenly all supply lines from Burma into Thailand go nil. This even when the turn prior turn logistical pathways are clearing crossing into Thailand. And its not partisans -- I double checked that both time it occurred.

There's been a lot of map changes in Thailand and northern Malaya since the last match -- mostly removal or ports. It Feels like some logistics pathing may have gotten broken in Thailand as an indirect result of the last patch.
Post #: 1
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/1/2021 4:36:50 PM   
marty01

I wish I could post images here to show you what's occurring. I have a save file from the end of the Allies (Human/Me) March 12, 1944 turn in which allied supply lines are being traced all the way to the outskirts of of Bangkok. Clear weather. Start of the next turn -- STILL clear weather -- AND no partisan activity in Thailand -- and the Allied supply lines are all suddenly stopped again at the Burma Boarder.

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 2
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/1/2021 6:02:26 PM   
Remington700

This is a known issue with Main vs. Port supply.

This is a screenshot from my AAR so it is dated, but still seems to apply. Main supply traces from India. Capturing Rangoon did not cause a problem however Once I captured Moulmein, Port Supply kicked in. And it stays this way going forward. However the farther I advanced, Main Supply pushed out to the Salween River.

Most of your units will be in Basic Supply, which is a pain, but manageable. You units will not take replacements and will recover effectiveness at a much lower rate. I dealt with this by rotating fresh units into the line, pulling back those that need replacements and improved effectiveness.

The more ports you capture in Malaya will help. It will allow you to patch up a few units and rotate them to the front. However his does slow things down a bit, and it can get worse when you capture all of Indochina.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 3
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/1/2021 11:45:56 PM   
marty01

It doesnt sound like this is quit the same issue. Or maybe its an old issue that's been compounded in the last patch by the removal of several key ports in the area.

Your saying you are in basic supply in your old screen shot. What I have been seeing is the Supply chain turns on and then off between successive turns. So I am in basic supply all the way down to Bangkok. Then the next turn all supply into Thailand inexplicably turns completely off like a switch -- as in zero supply -- not even basic. Rangoon had already been in Allied possession for at least two turns when this on and off supply switch started occurring. One turn its on --the next its off. So I am yoyoing back and forth toward the Burma boarder not knowing if I'll be stranded in Thailand with zero supply.

Regarding your older screen shot -- the two ports SE of Rangoon on the start of the Malaysian Peninsula are no longer Ports. Ones just an airfield now and the other is a city without a port. I didn't used to have this issue. Moreover, capping Rangoon and then capping these two additional smaller ports maintained basic Supply to a Allied units in Thailand until Bangkok falls.

< Message edited by marty01 -- 11/1/2021 11:47:33 PM >

(in reply to Remington700)
Post #: 4
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/1/2021 11:51:52 PM   
marty01

Yeah -- just looked at the Map again and Moulmein used to be a port as did Tavoy. Both of which used to be key to maintaining basic supply to Allied units in Thailand. In the last patch the ports at both Moulmein and Tavoy were removed.

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 5
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/2/2021 12:33:33 AM   
marty01

March 12, 1944 Turn

Attachment (1)

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 6
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/2/2021 12:35:42 AM   
marty01

Vert next turn -- March 26 1944

Attachment (1)

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 7
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/2/2021 2:31:09 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Let me look at this. Maybe I will put in an on/off switch for using which supply source. I was thinking about this the last week.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 8
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/2/2021 3:38:38 PM   
AlvaroSousa

I ran a game and saw the issue. Nothing a supply depot can't fix.

< Message edited by AlvaroSousa -- 11/2/2021 3:39:00 PM >

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 9
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/11/2021 5:37:02 PM   
marty01

I know supply and logistics were -- in reality -- a huge issue during the Burma Campaign. For both sides. So the first time I saw this I assumed it was an intended game mechanic. But after seeing it switch on and off in couple successive solo games it didn't really feel like it was an intentional effect given how tracing supply works on other parts of the map.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 10
RE: Tracing Supply Through Thailand - 11/12/2021 7:22:25 PM   
AlvaroSousa

I'm still looking at it

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Tracing Supply Through Thailand Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI