Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production - 5/17/2021 5:09:01 PM   
tyronec

Can someone explain what these are showing.
I seem to be producing 29 Oil, and looking around the map that seems as if it might be correct. Convoys are below capacity. But the Oil production is only 5.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Production - 5/17/2021 5:18:51 PM   
YueJin

Are the oil sites damaged? It looks like you took DEI oil sites by force rather than forcing the surrender which causes them to be fully sabotaged.

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 2
RE: Production - 5/17/2021 5:28:23 PM   
AlvaroSousa

NEI blew their oilfields up. You should be capturing oil as your first priority.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to YueJin)
Post #: 3
RE: Production - 5/17/2021 5:31:21 PM   
YueJin

The thing is, it's actually counterproductive to capture the oil sites. Just drop two marine divisions off at Batavia to make the DEI surrender and you get it all undamaged.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 4
RE: Production - 5/17/2021 5:44:56 PM   
tyronec

OK, thanks. Will have another look when my turn comes around.

(in reply to YueJin)
Post #: 5
RE: Production - 5/17/2021 11:11:53 PM   
ago1000

@Tyronec
The right side of your screen image only indicates trade that you should be getting and not what is received. Click on the trade icon and the supply icon on the top of your screen. This will indicate if there are any broken links (rail damage on land by partisans/scrorched eath or the fields themselves damaged) with the damage icon that appears on the map. If you hover your mouse over the fields, the bottom left will also show if there is any damaged. Sub and raider attacks can also sink oil resources and prevent them from reaching your capital. Looking at the image you have shown, I'd say you have either damage rail and/or damaged oil fields that's preventing you from getting any oil from your conquests. Usually as the rail repairs, the oil begins to travel.

< Message edited by ago1000 -- 5/17/2021 11:12:32 PM >

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 6
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 9:34:38 AM   
tyronec

Thanks.
So am still not following this. Looking at the convoys there are showing significant resources in transit. So 12 resources coming from the south of Borneo, which should all be oil. The only damaged oil resource is the one in Sumatra, which has 22 damaged out of 30.
This is early '42 so the USA subs are doing almost nothing.
Yet the oil received in the production screen is a fraction of the oil produced on the map and in the convey system.
What is the relationship between oil resources/oil in convoy and then oil in the production screen. Is there some kind of multiplier that knocks it down to a fraction of what is produced ?

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 7
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 10:20:46 AM   
ago1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: tyronec

Thanks.
So am still not following this. Looking at the convoys there are showing significant resources in transit. So 12 resources coming from the south of Borneo, which should all be oil. The only damaged oil resource is the one in Sumatra, which has 22 damaged out of 30.
This is early '42 so the USA subs are doing almost nothing.
Yet the oil received in the production screen is a fraction of the oil produced on the map and in the convey system.
What is the relationship between oil resources/oil in convoy and then oil in the production screen. Is there some kind of multiplier that knocks it down to a fraction of what is produced ?

Oil doesn't use a multiplier. Straight calculation. According to your pic you are getting 3 oil (field located in Japan) + 2 from UK(shipped). You should be getting 32 assuming you have enough MMs to transport all your resources and no damage. If you don't have enough MMs to carry all the resources the AI adjusts by shutting off branches almost to a 50:50, resources to oil ratio.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ago1000 -- 5/18/2021 10:25:20 AM >

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 8
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 10:32:33 AM   
ago1000

Sorry for the double post. Here is a pic of undamaged Bornea and where the AI has started to transport resources. You can see when the cursor is placed on the map it says 12 resources are being transported through that branch. Are you getting the same?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 9
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 2:28:24 PM   
tyronec

I am getting exactly the same as this, the Borneo convey was showing 12.
There is a surplus of MM, this is at the beginning of the game and have not I lost any, or very few. (I can't remember exactly as this is a server game and am posting when I have my turn, it is now with my opponent.)

The first turn I posted Japan was getting 5 oil.
The next turn it was getting 12, but just looking at Borneo I should have been getting 12 from that convoy alone. I looked at several other convoys and they were showing imports coming into Japan of 40 or 50 coming up through the South China Sea.

Either this is a bug OR there is something else at play here that I am not understanding.

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 10
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 3:46:04 PM   
ago1000

I'd have to see the map but I do have another suggestion. Start another 42 scenario game in hotseat mode and see how your maps differ. When I start the 42 scenario, Japan gets 65 oil.

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 11
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 7:14:59 PM   
tyronec

quote:

I'd have to see the map but I do have another suggestion. Start another 42 scenario game in hotseat mode and see how your maps differ. When I start the 42 scenario, Japan gets 65 oil.

This is the '41 scenario.
I am not saying that it is wrong that Japan is getting low oil in early '42.
To take this back to the question from my first post, the amount of oil in Production does not match the amount of oil on the map as resources OR the amount of oil being transferred by convoys.
I appreciate all of the responses but none of them have answered that question.

(in reply to ago1000)
Post #: 12
RE: Production - 5/18/2021 9:51:16 PM   
AlvaroSousa

If you want email me the game and I will take a look. In the patch there were some changes to the map to accommodate exploits on the transfer of resources over convoys

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 13
RE: Production - 5/19/2021 8:15:52 AM   
tyronec

Save file sent.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI