Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

replacing secretary / advisor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> replacing secretary / advisor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
replacing secretary / advisor? - 3/26/2021 2:30:36 AM   
misterprimus

Is it possible to replace these two? I can relieve them, but I don't get the option to pick my replacement.
Post #: 1
RE: replacing secretary / advisor? - 3/26/2021 2:44:25 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

The secretary position will always be filled automatically. If you dismiss an advisor, you should get a decision next turn asking you to pick someone for the spot, like usual.

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 2
RE: replacing secretary / advisor? - 3/26/2021 2:44:46 AM   
Madeofmeat

I'm certain I have successfully chosen a replacement Advisor before, are you sure that's happening for Advisor?

For Secretary though, the game does assign a character on its own. I think it creates a new unaligned character each time.

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 3
RE: replacing secretary / advisor? - 3/26/2021 3:11:31 AM   
zgrssd

Both can be Relieved, as normal.

The game is very agressive with refilling the Secretary Position - it is one that should never be empty.

Advisors are treated like any other council member, except their number growns with Empire Size.
However there used to be a bug where the Post kinda vanished with the releiving, until getting a new Adivsor slot reset it.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 3/26/2021 3:13:00 AM >

(in reply to Madeofmeat)
Post #: 4
RE: replacing secretary / advisor? - 3/26/2021 8:42:03 AM   
BlueTemplar

quote:

For Secretary though, the game does assign a character on its own. I think it creates a new unaligned character each time.

Only if you have no one in the reserve pool, otherwise it will pick someone from there (even aligned to a Faction).
And thankfully, since the Secretary seems to be responsible for rolling Covert Ops checks for foreign spies (at least until you have a Secret Service Director ?), which should be important in MP games... though for some reason the leader won't try to improve that skill himself ??

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: replacing secretary / advisor? - 5/30/2021 11:32:22 AM   
deMangler

On a related note - I have tried everything to try to reduce or prevent my secretaries forever creating incidents that result in some quite negative results. I have tried giving them medals and aligning profiles etc, etc, etc, I always end up relieving them out of sheer frustration but their replacements are usually no better.
I have rarely had a good one, and then I cannot see what the difference is.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 6
RE: replacing secretary / advisor? - 5/30/2021 1:52:18 PM   
Zanotirn

Secretary is not a high prestige job and its relation does not include factors like soldier morale or population happiness that can pull up the relations of governors or OHQ commanders. If your secretary doesn't fit ideologically, there's little to prevent the relation sliding down. Though setting higher salary can help a bit.

(in reply to deMangler)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> replacing secretary / advisor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI