Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rear-aspect shots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Rear-aspect shots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rear-aspect shots - 6/6/2021 4:57:13 PM   
T Rav

I just did a Uninstall/Reinstall for CMO and running "Retaliation" from Kasmir Fire for a second time.

I've got an Indian MiG-21 running down a Pakistani bogie in a tail chase. Before I get into a reasonable firing distance, I'm getting a face-shots from the bogie with PL-12s, nearly 180 degree's from the bogie's nose. There are no other Pakistani aircraft within launch distance.

Is this intentionally modeling a capability I am unaware of? I didn't see that behavior on the first time around.

BTW, CMO has me playing it and nothing else; great game!

Thanks,
T Rav

Post #: 1
RE: Rear-aspect shots - 6/6/2021 11:00:22 PM   
stww2

Uhh...that doesn't sound right.

At some point in the last, I don't know, half year or so, aircraft in Command have started to pull off some rather questionable shots from a missile kinematics perspective. Usually, this isn't that big of a deal and is merely amusing (most of the time, the aircraft would have fired a second or two later anyway once it turned in the right direction). But the scenario you have described is rather more concerning. My guess is there is some sort of cooperative engagement capability that is allowing the PL-12 to fire (IIRC it normally requires a radar lock first, and that won't happen with the firing platform pointed in the opposite direction), but I don't believe it should be able to flip around 180 degrees like that. But maybe I too am ignorant of some new military capability...

If possible, see if you can capture this sort of incident in a save and post it in the tech support thread.

(in reply to T Rav)
Post #: 2
RE: Rear-aspect shots - 6/7/2021 12:57:06 AM   
thewood1

From the 1.03 change log..."FIXED: #14233: Missile engages target behind it".

There are a few missiles that have a significant off-boresight capability. Without a version number you are playing or a save, its just a guess.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Rear-aspect shots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI