Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor nation units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Minor nation units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor nation units - 8/13/2021 8:54:44 AM   
EUBanana

Do you ever get them back if they are destroyed? If Germany aligns Finland, and you use up the Finnish army, can you rebuild it as Germany? It looks to my superficial knowledge that the answer is 'no', which suggests very conservative play with the minor nations units is in order.

Post #: 1
RE: Minor nation units - 8/13/2021 9:31:33 AM   
Angeldust2

No, the controlling Major Power can rebuild destroyed Minor Power units. In your example GE can add Finnish units to its force pool and rebuild them, chosen randomly force pool by force pool. If you need urgently Finnish troops you could consider to buy Ski Div, as they are guaranteed Finnish.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor nation units - 8/13/2021 10:55:03 AM   
EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angeldust2

No, the controlling Major Power can rebuild destroyed Minor Power units. In your example GE can add Finnish units to its force pool and rebuild them, chosen randomly force pool by force pool. If you need urgently Finnish troops you could consider to buy Ski Div, as they are guaranteed Finnish.

Do you have to do something to add them to your force pool? like in my game atm the Commonwealth should have some Greek units then to rebuild, and Germany some Romanian ones (if you really wanted them...) but I dont' think Germany or the CW has ever made one.

There was that 'add Polish units' action the Commonwealth gets to take, I don't remember something similar for the other minors though?

(in reply to Angeldust2)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor nation units - 8/13/2021 1:18:09 PM   
Courtenay

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angeldust2

Do you have to do something to add them to your force pool? like in my game atm the Commonwealth should have some Greek units then to rebuild, and Germany some Romanian ones (if you really wanted them...) but I dont' think Germany or the CW has ever made one.

There was that 'add Polish units' action the Commonwealth gets to take, I don't remember something similar for the other minors though?

On the production form, the bottom button of the list on the top right is "Add minor country units". Hit that, and go from there.

Once you add units, you can't undo it, so be careful. There are a lot of countries, for both sides, that you really don't want their units in the force pool.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor nation units - 8/13/2021 4:29:29 PM   
EUBanana

Aha, I see it. Bit like Lend-Lease which makes sense.

Thanks!

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Minor nation units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI