Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It there anything in the UI --- CV?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> It there anything in the UI --- CV? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It there anything in the UI --- CV? - 6/22/2021 2:35:40 PM   
MarkShot

That shows how a raw CV value was converted in the actual CV value used for a particular battle? Thanks.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)
Post #: 1
RE: It there anything in the UI --- CV? - 6/22/2021 2:49:37 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

That shows how a raw CV value was converted in the actual CV value used for a particular battle? Thanks.

not really.

The problem is you have the raw cv, & for your own side you can calulate this using the data in 34.4 but that would be spectacularly tedious and pretty much irrelevant.

In practice the cv is modified by 2 sets of variables.

1) see 23.8.3, in a way this are hard wired but also very situational. The on map cv (for your side) is always modified by this list so you will see cv adjust as a unit moves/fights. Usually down (fatigue, lost elements) sometimes up (the interaction of road quality and poor weather)

2) you then start a battle and at that stage there are a lot (& I mean a lot - run a battle at speed #7 and see some idea) of leadership rolls and all these influence the cv. Equally as a battle progresses both sides will see units drop out (disrupted or worse). Note that cross river battles have an extra layer of disruption. Equally note that GS missions are first in the combat sequence, so all this affects that cv.

So in a battle report you see the 'real' cv adjusted for 1 - that is the opening odds. Then 2 comes into play - end odds.

But thats not the end, those final cv are subject to further modification. Its at that stage the CPP affects the attacker cv (so 100 CPP = 2*end battle cv). Less common in WiTE2, but vip in WiTW, the defender in a naval invasion hex gets a final boost to reflect the ability to cling on (just) but at the cost of escalating losses.

If you look at the 2 armies before any moves on T1, then that is probably the last time you will see the raw cv on the assumption the unit is near full strength, rested and so on.

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> It there anything in the UI --- CV? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI