Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[likely fixed in 1.01.00] German AI regiments surrender randomly during Soviet Logistics Phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> [likely fixed in 1.01.00] German AI regiments surrender randomly during Soviet Logistics Phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[likely fixed in 1.01.00] German AI regiments surrender... - 6/16/2021 1:09:07 PM   
Stirlitz

I am currently playing as Soviets against German AI in the 1941 campaign, and I have already seen 3 occasions where a regiment from a broken-down German division surrenders during the Soviet Logistics Phase.

The first time it happened to a regiment from a Security Division and I thought it is probably because it is weak and it was chaos in June 1941 as every Soviet unit tries to break out of encirclement.

The second time it happened to a regiment from the 25. Motorized, and third time it happened to the Lehr. The Lehr forms part of the line, is not isolated and is well-supplied. The AI did not use it in combat either, so I have no idea why it surrenders during the Soviet Logistics Phase.

I would like to send the save files, please tell me the most convenient way for the developers to receive it (the file upload system here does not support .sav), thank you.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 7/2/2021 11:18:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: German AI regiments surrender randomly during Sovie... - 6/16/2021 1:18:53 PM   
Stirlitz

Screenshots for reference

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Stirlitz)
Post #: 2
RE: German AI regiments surrender randomly during Sovie... - 6/16/2021 1:24:29 PM   
Stirlitz

Screenshot

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Stirlitz)
Post #: 3
RE: German AI regiments surrender randomly during Sovie... - 6/16/2021 9:51:48 PM   
Joel Billings

If you can’t compress the files into a .zip file which you could attach here, the next best thing is to email the saves to 2by3@2by3ganes.com. Thanks for asking.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Stirlitz)
Post #: 4
RE: German AI regiments surrender randomly during Sovie... - 6/17/2021 3:10:00 AM   
Stirlitz

I just sent, thank you.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: German AI regiments surrender randomly during Sovie... - 7/2/2021 5:59:22 PM   
Joel Billings

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. The surrender does look very odd. I ran your turn Soviet 21 save through to turn 22 in version 1.00.11 and it did repeat for me. Using a prelog save at the end of the German AI turn, I was able to see that the unit had been moved to a Soviet island in the north, and was probably destroyed after that. This is similar to a bug reported by another player.

I ran it in 1.01.00 and it did not repeat for me. There have been a number of changes and bug fixes in the AI since 1.00.11, and I'm hoping that this bug has already been fixed. I can't say for sure, but given it no longer repeats is a good sign. Thanks for the report, and if you ever see that again in 1.01.00 or a later version, please let us know and send us a save.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Stirlitz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> [likely fixed in 1.01.00] German AI regiments surrender randomly during Soviet Logistics Phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI