Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Allow designers to segregate out Professional ... - 7/18/2021 1:29:58 PM   
BeirutDude

Might not be "Tech Support," but feel this is more than a suggestion.

Allow scenario designers to segregate out “Professional Units!” I am constructing a scenario and based it on a particular PRC unit (with about 20 hours of design work). When I reached the point to test that portion out the weapon wouldn’t fire and I (Shift-F1) discovered it was a professional unit.

Suggest you allow designers to remove professional units as we can hypothetical units.

BTW this is the second time this has bit me!

< Message edited by WSBot -- 7/20/2021 1:41:51 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units - 7/18/2021 8:19:43 PM   
KnightHawk75

It's usually not the "unit" per-say, it's the specific weapon system on the unit involved.
I don't think that gets evaluated to be 'blocked' till it actually goes to engage\fire.

I suppose like the new addition to the weapon mount dialog where missing comm links are highlighted (a helpful reminder for designers) I suppose it could evaluate weapon-type vs version-license\scenario settings as well and warning in the gui similarly.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units - 7/20/2021 1:38:17 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Allow designers to segregate out Professional Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI