Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can’t run or install the game at the moment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> Tech Support Forum >> Can’t run or install the game at the moment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can’t run or install the game at the moment - 8/5/2021 9:43:10 PM   
tdavie

I bought the game on Steam, which was installed under the latest version of Crossover. Didn’t work, although it did install. So I uninstalled it. Ran Windows 10 64arm under the latest version of Parallels. The game showed up in my Steam library after I installed Steam; although it was ‘greyed’ out. Now the game won’t uninstall under Steam/Crossover or Windows 10 arm64/Steam/Parallels. So I ended up uninstalling Steam (both installs), reinstalled Steam - but still can’t play or open V&V.

Any ideas?

Thx

Tom

(I realize this is an unsupported method of running the game. I feel the specs are up to it since I have no problem running Fallout 3 in Windows 10 arm64 under Parallels > sidecar’d to an iPad Pro (where it runs at 53-59 fps)
Post #: 1
RE: Can’t run or install the game at the moment - 8/6/2021 5:18:53 AM   
yobowargames

Hi tdavie

As you said this is not supported but I do have the game running under Parallels on my Mac. I am not an expert but I wonder if it's because you are using arm64 rather than the x86 version of windows?

YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

(in reply to tdavie)
Post #: 2
RE: Can’t run or install the game at the moment - 8/7/2021 1:57:21 AM   
tdavie

Ah, the fact that I'm running arm64 W10 (x86 Windows 10 won't work on an M1 Macx); never thought of that.Unfortunately, using Crossover to create a Steam bottle/install V&V didn't work either.

Any idea how to uninstall V&V? It now will not uninstall any under any version of Steam I have(Mac client or under Steam/Windows 10 arm64/Parallels or under Steam as a Windows bottle in Crossover). The game just sits there.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

(in reply to yobowargames)
Post #: 3
RE: Can’t run or install the game at the moment - 8/8/2021 5:43:17 PM   
tdavie

I got the game to work. Here is what I did.

1) Deleted the Steam Windows 7 Crossover bottle
2) Ran Parallels > Windows 10 arm64, reinstalled Steam, was able to reinstall V&V and it works with no problem.

Pretty simple. So I thought that maybe the reason I couldn't get it to work under Crossover was that I had used a Win 7 bottler. Uninstalled V&V under Windows 10 arm64 and then reinstalled it under a Windows 10 Crossover bottle. Nope; doesn't work.

So I can get the game running. Have to decide if I want to buy a Parallels license. I suspect so since Windows 10 arm64 is the only way I can play Steel Division 2.

Tom

(in reply to tdavie)
Post #: 4
RE: Can’t run or install the game at the moment - 8/9/2021 7:35:47 AM   
yobowargames

Glad to hear you got it up and running!

YOBOWARGAMES – “BRINGING THE JOYS OF BOARD WARGAMING TO THE PC”

(in reply to tdavie)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> Tech Support Forum >> Can’t run or install the game at the moment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI