Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

couple of quick question's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> couple of quick question's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
couple of quick question's - 8/22/2021 3:22:54 AM   

Concerning laying mines.I want to put some mines in a base(s) hex just off Tokyo.I thought about a hex they seem to be trans versing, it is a shallow hex.However at a decay rate of 5% that is like 20 days.As for the base hexes they are not occupied by any foces but they do have a level 1 harbor would I still get the 1% bonus by putting an ACM there?
Second do road construction engineers build railroads or any special function at all?
Post #: 1
RE: couple of quick question's - 8/22/2021 4:11:13 AM   
rustysi

quote:

Second do road construction engineers build railroads or any special function at all?

No.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to 789456281)
Post #: 2
RE: couple of quick question's - 8/22/2021 5:50:39 AM   
geofflambert

All engineers are the same and have the same functions, so the name is just a name as far as the game goes. Roads and railroads can neither be built or damaged. Engineers cannot work on them. Don't put mines anywhere but a base hex. Not for any reason. As it is a minefield will only take up a small area on a hex, placed appropriately to damage incoming landing craft, submarines trying to get close to ships in harbor, etc.. Bombarding TFs will never or almost never encounter a minefield because they just won't get close enough. Trying to put a minefield out in the open ocean, even a shallow hex, has almost no chance at all of catching transiting vessels. The hex is 40 nautical miles across. It would be like dropping a hundred grains of sand on a soccer field and hoping someone steps on one.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 3
RE: couple of quick question's - 8/22/2021 6:02:23 AM   
geofflambert

When airdropping mines on an enemy hex they need only hit a small target. The hex may be 40 miles across but the harbor entrance a mile or less, sometimes a whole lot less.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: couple of quick question's - 8/23/2021 12:15:21 AM   

Awesome thanks you just saved me alot of mines I was gonna carpet lay a bunch in hex 110 61 off nagoya.What lead me to believe os hexes might work is in my last game I had my japanese subs on the west coast set to a patrol on computer I noticed after I hit play(figures) that one off my subs was in the puget sound I'm like i'll fix that when I get control back,well about three minutes later watching the turn unfold it hit a mine.So I guess that is still a very low probability,and not worth it.Funny I just watched that gorn episode friday night.One of my favorites along with the immunity syndrome and balance of terror and the joan collins episode.

and thanks for the engineer question saved the potential wasted time.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> couple of quick question's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI