Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? - 2/23/2021 2:26:02 PM   
boolybooly

e.g. if I have a mining base with a hangar then if I add a combat targeting component for +10% does that apply to launched fighters or only to base mounted weapons?
Post #: 1
RE: Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? - 10/1/2021 2:50:01 PM   
chaosegg

quote:

ORIGINAL: boolybooly

e.g. if I have a mining base with a hangar then if I add a combat targeting component for +10% does that apply to launched fighters or only to base mounted weapons?

I am also looking for this information!
Same question on the +evasion component series] as well, I suppose.

(though I am currently running DW Shadows, I assume it will most likely be the same as DW:U)

(in reply to boolybooly)
Post #: 2
RE: Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? - 10/1/2021 6:07:34 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

I've tried putting fighter bays in mining stations and even if you manually launch the fighters and bombers they just swirl around doing nothing even if the station is attacked.

(in reply to chaosegg)
Post #: 3
RE: Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? - 10/1/2021 7:44:03 PM   
Retreat1970

Mining stations don't react until physically shot.

My thoughts on targeting/ECM is that it's a component and fighters/bombers don't have components, but who knows for sure.

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 4
RE: Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? - 10/2/2021 12:18:42 AM   
chaosegg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

Mining stations don't react until physically shot.

My thoughts on targeting/ECM is that it's a component and fighters/bombers don't have components, but who knows for sure.

Could be... if I had to guess an answer to the O.P.'s [and my own] question, it would be that only the fleet acc/evasion components give a bonus to fighters, if any at all.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 5
RE: Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? - 10/2/2021 2:29:30 AM   
Retreat1970

Possible, but it's impossible to test.

In the end though I'm unsure if it really matters.

Edit: I forgot about this though (copied from bacon readme):

Crew experience levels: Crew gain experience when inflicting damage (and can lose it if they take too much damage). View with Ctrl-s. Each level above “Green” gives a random bonus to the ship.
+10% sublight speed
+10% shield and shield recharge
+10% weapon range and weapon travel speed
+10% weapon damage (every other weapon under 10 damage will receive +1 damaged instead)
+25% targeting, countermeasures, -20% static energy usage, +10% fuel capacity
In addition, crews above “green” have a limited ability to repair damaged components on their ship.
Also, ships that have a repair mission and manage to self-repair (through any means) will have their repair mission cancelled.

Fighter Aces: As with crews, fighters can gain experience as well. When a pilot obtains his first experience perk he will get a custom name.

< Message edited by Retreat1970 -- 10/2/2021 2:43:21 AM >

(in reply to chaosegg)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Is combat targeting bonus applied to fighters in DW1? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI