Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting Chancellorsville to run

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support >> Getting Chancellorsville to run Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting Chancellorsville to run - 3/15/2021 12:49:35 AM   
Snowbart1943

Help! I just bought Chancellorsville on a whim, and cant get it to run. I have Gettysburg up and running. I have set it to run in compatibility mode Win 7, just like I did for Gettysburg to get it to run. I have tried run as Admin off and on. I get the start of a loading screen, but it only fills up the top left quarter of my screen and is only black, then it crashes. I see no text or anything. I have looked at how I have my Gettysburg game installed and tried to mimic that. Any suggestions?
Thank you....
Post #: 1
RE: Getting Chancellorsville to run - 3/15/2021 7:51:46 PM   
RebBugler

Possibly this explanation will help:
quote:

Chancellorsville is both stand alone and an add on. It depends on whether you have Gettysburg installed or not. If you have Gettysburg installed then Chancellorsville will install as an add on to that game. If not, Chancellorsville will install as its own game.

Since you had GB already installed then CV installed as an add-on. So, once CV is installed start GB and you'll find Chancellorsville scenarios in 'User Scenarios' and its maps will show up in Sandbox.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Snowbart1943)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting Chancellorsville to run - 3/16/2021 1:04:43 AM   
Snowbart1943

Thank you Reb! I thought it was a stand alone game, so I setup a new install location than the default which was my Gettysburg folder. I thought i had read all of the readme file notes and the detail on the purchase page on the website. I didn't see this info in the forums either. Of course i could easily have missed it. But, you might want to make that more clear....or its prob not much of an issue now, being such an old game. Thanks again!

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting Chancellorsville to run - 3/16/2021 6:55:40 AM   
RebBugler

Don't know where the original installation message about installing CV is, I just used a quote from a member (Dark Rob) to help with your issue. The stand alone version is nice, includes a map identifying all the scenario locations like Gettysburg. However, most folks prefer the integrated version with GB whereas the scenarios can be played with mods, the stand alone version can't.

If you ever want to experience the stand alone CV version you must uninstall GB first and then install CV. Then reinstall Gettysburg.

Glad we could help you out! You sent a clear and respectful message regarding your issue, much appreciated.

(in reply to Snowbart1943)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting Chancellorsville to run - 3/17/2021 3:24:14 AM   
Snowbart1943

It sounds like some folks need to mind their manners online. I appreciate that, Reb. I see you are a designer of the game series. Love it!
I used to play the old Mad Minute Games Bull Run game and so on. Good times. I was listening to a civil war podcast about Chancellorsville recently.....this inspired me to finally purchase the game!
Played the first scenario last night and it was a lot of fun. Thanks again!

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting Chancellorsville to run - 9/18/2021 5:13:16 PM   
tominrichmond

Cutting in on this thread... I've just successfully re-installed GB on my updated Windows 10 machine, and it's working fine. Re-installed Pipe Creek, which went fine (I think it default installed to GB folder and the battles show in the "Additional Battles" screen on the GB game).

When I got to CV however, the installer prompts for a location to install... I've tried installing both as stand alone (which, thanks to your thread here, I learned is even a possibility), and also in the GB folder, without success. Can't seem to get the CV battles to show in my GB install. And even when I check the shortcut block, no shortcut appears.

Can you suggest where exactly I should install the CV to get it loaded within the GB game? I don't really want a stand alone CV. The Pipe Creek install was seamless, but CV seems to need more tending.

Thanks, and I also recall you from pre-Matrix days, and have learned a lot reading your replies.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting Chancellorsville to run - 9/21/2021 12:58:06 AM   
RebBugler

If you installed Gettysburg first and then installed Chancellorsville then CV should have been integrated into GB. Have you checked User Scenarios to see if the CV scenarios showed up there? Also check if the CV maps are listed in Sandbox. If no CV files show up I would suggest installing CV again. Maybe your initial stand alone CV install screwed things up.

(in reply to tominrichmond)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Gettysburg Series >> Tech Support >> Getting Chancellorsville to run Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI