Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unnoficial Shadow Empire Survey (Results)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Unnoficial Shadow Empire Survey (Results) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unnoficial Shadow Empire Survey (Results) - 9/25/2021 5:46:09 AM   
Clux

Welcome to the first unofficial Shadow empire survey results :)

If you want to express your opinion on a unit type balance, please do so in the corresponding post (will be posting them slowly so people can comment and discuss), so try to make “general” comments about the survey in this post

Links to the discussion of units balance:

* Mechanized Artillery Rebalance Discussion

Disclaimer – After a couple of days after the survey was open I received important feedback on how the survey wasn’t working as expected (you could say than you never used a unit and still be asked about your opinion regarding that unit, for example) and I made some changes to the formatting, that’s why some answers say “I don’t know”, “unknown” “no opinion”.

Before starting to share results, I would like to highlight some cool facts than I’ve discovered while analyzing the results.

quote:

25%~ of the answers had at least one unique (constructive) answer

Around 60%~ of the users have used at least once every kind of unit.*

55%~ of the users have never used jetpack infantry (least used), followed by mechanized quad mgs.*

The most “used” unity type was Motorbike Infantry with 67%~ of the users using it in most games.*

The most “talked” topic was air forces and its current balance.

* Only considering the units than were selected for the survey.

Now, here are the pictures of the results, if you want to see them by yourself, here is the link. (Some special comments or feedback at the bottom of this post)

* With "Once or Twice" I tried to highlight than some players use it one or two times to use it and then discover than its not useful or doesn't provide any advantages over other options, avoiding using it any further.

Some users decided to make an special comment at the end of the survey, these were the ones who I personally found more interesting or funny.

quote:

* I hate that structural design is a single unmodified roll and that costs for new designs keep increasing to punish you even more for having the audacity, the sheer gall to have bad luck.

* Aircrafts have to perform differenly. There have to be the flight route, and route planning, not teleport to the strike point. With all AA-capabilities applied along all the route. And, of course, AA guns and SAMs have to be cheaper, and SAMs have to be less devastating.

* Formations are a noob trap. Units need effects beyond just Armor and Damage to make more of them useful and to make formations useful.

* Make cavalry great again! But in true i think that there is too too large disproportion between successive generations of weapons (especially laser) and tanks rolls everythink up to ICBM and nuclear strike.

* Unit balance is extremely broken on the largest map size, because population doesnt scale in proportion to border size.

* Without changes encouraging a combined arms aproach there will always be units that best all others. I think a change of the formation/ OOB system is necessary to see recon, arty, at used mor often. If formations have support slots and not only their maneuver units recon, arty and at would see much more use.

* I dont like that every infantry formation has tons of infantry in it. I would prefer a formation with only MGs, RPGs, and such. Regular infantry just feels like a waste of manpower until late game, and in late game a waste of high-tech to fill it with robotic infantry. Also please add a robotic truck that do not use manpower? I find regular trucks too expansive manpower wise to use.

* FLAK guns are absolutely bad right now, I dont understand why anyone should use them as they are so expensive to use in combat.

* When is navy arriving?

Thanks again everybody for taking their time participating in this survey and reading this post.

< Message edited by Clux -- 9/25/2021 6:22:26 AM >

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!
Post #: 1
RE: Unnoficial Shadow Empire Survey (Results) - 10/8/2021 2:35:37 PM   
Vic

Very interesting. Will look at this in detail when starting on next sub versions.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Unnoficial Shadow Empire Survey (Results) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI