Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

list of known bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> list of known bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
list of known bugs - 11/8/2021 9:22:57 PM   
Stamb

Is it possible to make a list of known bugs/issues?

As a new player that played smaller scenarios i would like to start a grand campaign.

But there was an issue with a fighters not flying to fight enemy planes (that was fixed in a recent patches) and there is also an issue with production.

Issue with production is pretty important and it stops me from playing grand campaign.

In order to check what is not working as intended i had to check a lot of posts in tech support and general forum.

IMHO it would be much better to have a list of bugs that will reflect current state of the game (beta/main patches)
Post #: 1
RE: list of known bugs - 11/9/2021 1:55:31 AM   
GibsonPete

+ 1

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 2
RE: list of known bugs - 11/9/2021 3:26:32 AM   
MarkShot

Some companies use automation to keep track of open bugs and their status.

Some companies make that available to the customers in a read only fashion (only developers can update bugs).

It would be nice if Matrix could share that. So, people don't have this vague feeling:

* Are they aware?

* Can they reproduce?

* Is it considered to be of any importance?

* Has it already been resolved?

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to GibsonPete)
Post #: 3
RE: list of known bugs - 11/9/2021 5:38:08 PM   
Joel Billings

We have an internal list of bugs, but putting it in a format with the required context so it could be released to the public would be a very big job. It would be too time consuming for us to do this. Currently we have around 100 items on our active bug list, and around another 80 items on our low priority bug list (the vast majority of these have been on the list since long before release). The low priority bugs have not been looked at in a long time. I’d expect that many of them no longer apply or are duplicates, are rare and/or impossible to replicate, and are generally not very important. In addition to the bugs, there are another 130 tasks for improvements or to look into potential issues (over half are low priority). It’s a huge list, and something few of you would find time to go through even if we did find a way to post it. The numbers may sound scary, but very few of these items are significant, as we try to deal with any major issues quickly.

At this point it’s easier for players to post problems as they encounter them. If there’s a part of the game that you think has issues, or wonder if changes are being made in an area, best to ask a question and we’ll try to answer. Between testers and those who are following the ongoing developments here on the forum, hopefully someone can answer the question even if I can’t get to it right away.

As for the OP’s original questions, there were several changes made in the air game recently that are detailed in this thread: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5097116 . The production fix has been made in a version that went to testers last week. It will be in the next update that goes out, hopefully sometime next week. This change will take effect immediately in any ongoing game, and I don’t think it will have a huge impact on how games play out, although some might disagree.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 4
RE: list of known bugs - 11/9/2021 8:02:56 PM   
Stamb

As a software developer myself i understand that it might be a huge task to create such a list for a public. But it would be nice to have it, maybe in the future...

Anyway, thanks for a great game and time that is being spend with a community.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> list of known bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI