Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reserve Activations to High?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Reserve Activations to High? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reserve Activations to High? - 2/10/2022 10:12:22 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

So Soviet Corps get a penalty to reserve activation. Units from differing commands get penalties. Additional activations even rarer.

How come against a challening AI in StB are they able to not only repeatedly activate a singular corp in a DIFFERENT army, but in the vast majority of cases, something like an eighty percent success rate. Heck I've had to where two rifle corps from two different armies activated to support another rifle corp in a THIRD army thats sitting in a 1 tile salient.

< Message edited by ImperatorAugustus -- 2/10/2022 10:13:24 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Reserve Activations to High? - 2/10/2022 10:18:42 PM   
Stamb

And from an Axis side, sometimes, I see no activation despite battle taking place literally in the adjusted hex. And combat odds are not > 10. With good leaders in same army.

(in reply to ImperatorAugustus)
Post #: 2
RE: Reserve Activations to High? - 2/10/2022 10:34:53 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImperatorAugustus

So Soviet Corps get a penalty to reserve activation. Units from differing commands get penalties. Additional activations even rarer.

How come against a challening AI in StB are they able to not only repeatedly activate a singular corp in a DIFFERENT army, but in the vast majority of cases, something like an eighty percent success rate. Heck I've had to where two rifle corps from two different armies activated to support another rifle corp in a THIRD army thats sitting in a 1 tile salient.

More than open to be corrected but I believe that if you have the AI set to 110+ morale they get a big advantage in terms of reserve activations compared to what a human player would get.

Post #: 3
RE: Reserve Activations to High? - 2/10/2022 10:44:09 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

Its a bit stupid when the challenging ai in StB throws around 1/3 of their army (mostly corps) teleporting around the map to attack different spots every few turns. Counter attacks are met by 100k soviet troops. Suddenly charging you.

The alternative is PBEM. As normal AI is incapable of attacking.

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 4
RE: Reserve Activations to High? - 2/10/2022 10:54:32 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

My understanding is that the 'teleporting' keys off the morale setting and kicks in at 110 morale.

So one solution would be to set the morale to 109 and the other settings to a level that gives you a competitive game.

Post #: 5
RE: Reserve Activations to High? - 2/10/2022 11:04:13 PM   
ImperatorAugustus

In my experience the AI is incapable of launching any sustained offensive without the teleporting.

This is offtopic, though it does add to the annoyingness of reserves.

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Reserve Activations to High? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI