Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Continue PBEM Solo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Continue PBEM Solo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Continue PBEM Solo - 12/3/2021 12:02:02 PM   
ShadowVillage

I was playing by email with a friend when he met an unfortunate demise early in the game. My start was good enough that I'd like to play it out a while, but when I hit the end of turn button, I get bounced to the load screen. Is there any way to continue a PBEM game as a solo game after having been declared the winner?
Post #: 1
RE: Continue PBEM Solo - 12/3/2021 12:17:16 PM   
zgrssd

The savegames - once created - include a lot of data. Among them the building stats, technology tree, model links. And most importantly, the events - which includes the victory event.
So you may have to edit the savegame. However with luck, you might be able to do that with Debug Mode and the Debug View.

I could have sworn someone had made a mode that turns off this event for new Scavegames, but I can not find it. So I am unsure which precise event is responsible for the victory screen.

(in reply to ShadowVillage)
Post #: 2
RE: Continue PBEM Solo - 12/3/2021 12:34:30 PM   
zgrssd

Small correction. Under how to turn on the debugger it says:
"This only works for games with 1 human player unless the game was started with User Test Mode On"

So it is propable that the debugger will not work (it would be a bit to easy to cheat otherwise, I guess). So you would have to resort to editing the save game file. And that is beyond my knowledge of the game.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Continue PBEM Solo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI