Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't detach out of Kerch city fort into ferry hex

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Can't detach out of Kerch city fort into ferry hex Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't detach out of Kerch city fort into ferry hex - 2/22/2022 1:23:42 PM   
Beethoven1

Another fairly minor city fort thing, may or may not be considered a "bug."

In Kerch fortress I have 9 rifle divisions and an HQ. On the Kerch hex itself, I have a rifle division, a fort, and a city fort.

Last turn, I moved the HQ into the city fort temporarily in order to open up the slot so that I could move 301st rifle division into the Kerch hex (takin up 1 of the 3 slots).

In subsequent turns, what I had wanted to also do was to succesively add more rifle divisions until I had a total of 12, so that I would eventually have 10 in the city fort and 2 in the other 2 non-city-fort slots (eventually disbanding the regular fort to make room).

However, now on this turn I can't detach the Southern Front HQ from the city fort. I had thought I could do that into the neighboring ferry hex, similarly to how you could do so if it were a land hex.

And I also can't really move the 301st rifle division out of the city fort, then detach the HQ, then move the HQ into the ferry hex, and then move the rifle division back from the ferry hex into the city, and then attach the city fort. Technically, I *could* do that, but if I do, it will use up all the MP basically of the rifle division and make it fatigued etc and then if I am attacked, it will fight worse (whereas in reality there is no reason it would actually be moving out of Kerch, that is purely a game mechanic thing resulting from the awkwardness of the limited stacking rules). And in addition, I also won't be able to move the HQ back in during the same turn, because the 301st rifle division will be sitting there taking up the non-city-fort slot, and it can't move into the city fort unless it has not moved in the turn (but it would have had to have fake-moved to the ferry hex and then back to Kerch). So since I can't move the HQ back in during the same turn, that means that I can't get the extra depot supply capacity bonus.

This is not the end of the world, but it is pretty awkward.

2 possible things that would help a lot would be either:

a) ability to detach into a ferry hex. If I could do that, then I could detach the HQ to the ferry hex, then put the 301st rifle division into the city fort, and then move the HQ back into Kerch all in the same turn. It might be considered a bug that you can't detach from a city fort into a ferry hex.

b) more general ability to "switch unit positions" which would be useful more generally in circumstances where you have triple-stacked hexes, and currently it is very awkward to move units under those circumstances, because you have to move a unit out of a triple-stacked hex before you can move another one in, rather than being able to simultaneously move 2 neighboring units to switch their positions.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't detach out of Kerch city fort into ferry hex - 2/22/2022 2:29:28 PM   
K62

You can't go into the city fort from a ferry hex, so that could be why you can't get out that way either.

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Can't detach out of Kerch city fort into ferry hex Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI