Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manual Air management.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Manual Air management. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manual Air management. - 12/27/2021 9:40:25 AM   
jhpanther

I am a bit confused. After I have moved AG's manually to the desired airfields, it seems they are moved around afterwards. Is that due to the stance setting ? Is it possible to avoid by some kind of locking ? I dont understand how you can place the desired airgroups on airfields, like recon on forward airfields and so on.
Post #: 1
RE: Manual Air management. - 12/27/2021 9:48:13 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: jhpanther

I am a bit confused. After I have moved AG's manually to the desired airfields, it seems they are moved around afterwards. Is that due to the stance setting ? Is it possible to avoid by some kind of locking ? I dont understand how you can place the desired airgroups on airfields, like recon on forward airfields and so on.

are you mixing manual control with the AI assist?

If so (& it sounds like it), then there are 2 situations:

1) you have full AI-assist that kicks in when you press F12, if so this will over-ride any changes you made, so you have to set a HQ that will get the planes to where you want them etc

2) the alternative is to use the AI-assist by pressing the button, this will over-ride everything but then you can manually adjust (locations and directives) before pressing the F12. In that case, the actual orders and so on are a hybrid of the AI and your choices

(in reply to jhpanther)
Post #: 2
RE: Manual Air management. - 12/27/2021 10:35:01 AM   
jhpanther

Thank you for answering. I use mix of manual and AI assist. What I want to, is being able to rebase AG's to a specific airfield and keep them there despite stance being tex. advance. So I think I want a setting where I can set an AG to "no rebasing". Is that or similar functionality possible ?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Manual Air management. - 12/27/2021 11:28:33 AM   
loki100

not precisely.

the 'hold' stance in the AI assist is meant to keep units at their current bases unless you move the relevant HQ (& even then if the main front line remains static)

so that should do it, but there will be some churn as the AI has an eye on where the freight is and so on (& that, inevitably, is a bit variable)

(in reply to jhpanther)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Manual Air management. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI