Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air War - Data Questions Part 3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Air War - Data Questions Part 3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air War - Data Questions Part 3 - 12/22/2021 10:35:14 PM   
chops

I am looking at the results of T1 air war results again and am confused with the data presentation on the Logistics Phase Report.

Does the box that I have highlighted in blue indicate that 2 BF-109-B7 were destroyed and 2 damaged, and in addition 2 I-16 Type 24 aircraft were destroyed and 2 were damaged?

Another question related to this Logistics Report which shows as highlighted in red that 67 BF-110E-2 were damaged. However on the Commanders Report screen (screenshot in my next post) shows that only 38 were damaged. Why the discrepancy?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Air War - Data Questions Part 3 - 12/22/2021 10:35:52 PM   
chops

Here is the screenshot related to my first post.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 2
RE: Air War - Data Questions Part 3 - 12/22/2021 10:58:16 PM   
chops

I had searched the manual regarding my questions, however, I did not have success. I just checked again and was able to answer my first question about the data highlighted in blue.

In case anyone is interested, it shows that 2 friendly BF-109E-2 aircraft destroyed 2 enemy I-16 Type 24 aircraft and damaged 2 more if I understand the manual correctly. Section 36.9.3

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 3
RE: Air War - Data Questions Part 3 - 12/23/2021 12:10:57 AM   
chops

Another question regarding the Logistics Phase Report -

What does the data highlighted in purple signify? Ex. (fwd26/ret10)

I have searched the manuals with no success. It really takes an inordinate amount of time to figure out what a lot of the data presented in the game actually means.

It would be very helpful if pop-up/mouse-over messages were available for the data headers/columns in the game informing the player about the meaning of the data.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 4
RE: Air War - Data Questions Part 3 - 12/23/2021 6:20:27 AM   
loki100

1) read that as a cross tab ...
2) a given plane can be damaged and repaired more than once across the turn, I believe the Commander's Report keys off the status at the end of the week

wee bit of advice - WiTE2 has lots of interesting rabbit holes which are great fun to explore. If you are just getting used to the game I would tend not to go off into them (unless its really your focus). Keep your attention on the big picture stuff

how well did your T1 campaign vs the VVS go, could you improve on it (more Soviet losses, less Axis losses), there is a good thread in the war-room on options in this respect

3) number of that air group committed or kept back, in a given air mission not all of a given group will be committed
quote:

ORIGINAL: chops

It would be very helpful if pop-up/mouse-over messages were available for the data headers/columns in the game informing the player about the meaning of the data.

The coding for this report is complex, so I doubt that much can be done to be honest

one small plea - it would help if you resized your images

< Message edited by loki100 -- 12/23/2021 6:23:35 AM >

(in reply to chops)
Post #: 5
RE: Air War - Data Questions Part 3 - 12/23/2021 5:05:53 PM   
chops

Good advice and I appreciate your input, although I am very interested in the Air War. The data I am requesting is so that I can evaluate my Air Directives better, so I am not going down the rabbit hole for no reason

Regarding my question about (fwd26/ret10)....this means that 26 aircraft were committed to the battle and 10 were held back? This information is not included in the manual. I have searched multiple times. In fact I have spent countless hours trying to locate the information that I have posted about in this forum, so these are not frivolous questions.

I understand that the brain power, time and effort that has gone into this game by the developers and beta team is incredible and an amazing feat. However, the graphical user interface (GUI)and data presentation in the game really could use a lot of improvement. So much of the data is not organized well, acronyms are used which are hard to find in the manual and are not consistent across different report screens, battle results window is not re-sizable or movable and blocks the view of the map, etc....I have literally been trying to learn this game for months and spent so much time searching the manual and forums for information. It has been so difficult trying to understand and interpret the data.

Thanks for making such an interesting game!

p.s. sorry about the image sizes. what size do you recommend and where is that setting?

< Message edited by chops -- 12/23/2021 5:08:37 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Air War - Data Questions Part 3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI