Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SOV tank brigades renaming order

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> SOV tank brigades renaming order Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOV tank brigades renaming order - 12/26/2021 9:23:00 PM   
Teo41_ITA

Hi everyone,

I noticed that there might be some mistakes in the Soviet tank brigades renaming order. For instance, the 1st tank brigade should upgrade from the 4th Tank division (if I understood correctly the "Rename Unit" function of the editor). The problem is that the 1st Tank brigade (1st formation) originated from the 32nd and 34th Tank divisions (according to http://tankfront.ru/ussr/tbr.html) while Wikipedia mentions mainly the 32nd Tank division (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-%D1%8F_%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0_(1-%D0%B3%D0%BE_%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F).

The same is true for the 2nd Tank brigade which, ingame, originates from the 2nd Tank division while in real life it was the 8th tank brigade that was created with the remnants of the 2nd Tank division.

May I ask from which source did the Developers use to establish the Tank division - Tank brigade upgrade order?

Thank you! :)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: SOV tank brigades renaming order - 12/26/2021 9:55:58 PM   
Great_Ajax

It's not exact as Tank Divisions/Mech Divisions went on to form parts of numerous units. In some cases, tank divisions did not have a relationship to any specific tank brigade so some liberties were taken so that every tank division "upgrades" to a tank brigade.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to Teo41_ITA)
Post #: 2
RE: SOV tank brigades renaming order - 12/26/2021 10:06:05 PM   
Teo41_ITA

Thanks Great_Ajax. While I get it, it seems that too many "liberties" were taken in dictating the "upgrade" order from tank divisions to tank brigades.

Luckily those mistakes are easy to fix.

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 3
RE: SOV tank brigades renaming order - 12/26/2021 10:26:44 PM   
Great_Ajax

It was a deliberate decision made by the developers to ensure that all depleted tank divisions and mech divisions get "upgraded" down to a tank brigade, or in some cases a rifle division, because they didn't want these divisions hanging around too long. So every division had to have an associated unit to downgrade to. I tried to match them up as best that I could but not every division was associated with a tank brigade or rifle division.

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to Teo41_ITA)
Post #: 4
RE: SOV tank brigades renaming order - 12/26/2021 10:32:04 PM   
Teo41_ITA

Thank you for your answer.

My post was by no mean an offense to the Devs, who did a marvellous job in the historical research behind every single unit which fought on the Eastern front! I just asked as I am currently going through all the Soviet units and add/fix some missing/wrong TOEs, upgrades, arrival and departure dates... in preparation for my Grand Campaign.

Of course, I will be more than happy to share the results of my work with the WITE2 community :)

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> SOV tank brigades renaming order Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI