Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TC Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> TC Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TC Issues - 5/17/2020 9:21:49 PM   
Airtrafficman

Hello, I’ve started playing the full Waterloo scenario as the allies and I’m having problems with units I’ve TC’ed moving on their own. For example,I placed 100 men split off from the Coldstream brigade on the wall at Hougamont. Right after deploying, the TC icon grays out and the moves forward about 100 yards. Once it gets there it moves forward another 100 yards and then stops. Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks!!
Post #: 1
RE: TC Issues - 5/19/2020 12:40:25 PM   
1annoyedgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Airtrafficman

Hello, I’ve started playing the full Waterloo scenario as the allies and I’m having problems with units I’ve TC’ed moving on their own. For example,I placed 100 men split off from the Coldstream brigade on the wall at Hougamont. Right after deploying, the TC icon grays out and the moves forward about 100 yards. Once it gets there it moves forward another 100 yards and then stops. Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks!!

Off the top of my head it sounds more like a terrain issue than a TC issue. If you place units in a location they cant legally occupy they will displace forward. Likewise if you place a unit into a spot that may be legal, but be to tight a fit for a unit of big size, they will also displace forward. However, none of these instances should force the unit out of TC status. In fact nothing really should, beyond things like routing or retreating, which by design removes the players ability to move them.

In all honesty, I need to see it for myself. Can you record maybe a short video clip of this and maybe put it up on Youtube?

What I can tell you is there is for sure an explanation for whats happening. Everything in this game happens for a reason and can always be explained, even if its a glitch, Il spot it. In your situation, once the unit has displaced forward does it resume being under TC? Or stay under AI control?

< Message edited by 1annoyedgamer -- 5/19/2020 12:45:16 PM >

(in reply to Airtrafficman)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> Tech Support >> TC Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI