Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

crashes on win 10

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> crashes on win 10 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
crashes on win 10 - 10/3/2021 7:03:56 AM   
battleground

I just installed Win 10..... I now hate Win 10. I have tried installing CW2 a half dozen times with various crashes. clicking the download on my games downloads the game but when you start the setup it does not create a Matrix Games file in the x86 files to download to. I tried creating my own and all it did was download all over and around Forge of Freedom, Spartan, and Uncommon Valor which did download there but the rest of CW2 is sprinkled all over the file. I created a file CIVILWARII and installed it to that. Clicking on the start I get a missing D3Dx81ab.dll file. I download the file then the gamestart goes haywire and crashes. I tried downloading the dll file to Windows System 32 as suggested but that did not work either. I really want to do an Atlanta on Win 10. I miss my Win 7 in which everything ran but my Norton would no longer work with it. What is the EXE file for CW2 just in case I am missing something.

< Message edited by battleground -- 10/3/2021 7:08:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: crashes on win 10 - 10/3/2021 7:51:40 AM   
battleground

Yay me! Discovered both CW2 and and Distant Worlds (which crashes also on Matrix setup) have Steamkeys and have set
up nicely on Steam for me to play. Gotta look for more stuff more often....

(in reply to battleground)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II >> Tech Support >> crashes on win 10 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI