Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change amphibious units limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Change amphibious units limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 5:55:04 AM   
Techfixer

Hello. Can someone explain how to change the default LR amphibious transport units limit that can be loaded per turn? Is there an option in the Editor?

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/22/2022 5:59:53 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 7:38:06 AM   
El_Condoro

Go to the build limit of the nation/s that you want to change. campaign/country data/edit unit build data
For the number added per Amphib level increase: as above but go to edit research/advanced/upgrades/automatic increments/(select transport, amphib or LR amphib/click amphib warfare/change the build limit
You'll need to apply that the the nations you want to change or use the Apply Data button to do it en masse (but be careful with that)

< Message edited by El_Condoro -- 1/22/2022 7:39:06 AM >

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 2
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 10:44:50 AM   
Duedman

But do mind, that you get an extra set of transports for every minor nation you control (i.e. Romania, Finland etc.).
So if you just want to increase the limit for an Axis invasion of England, you could add minor nations troops into the mix.

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 3
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 2:35:13 PM   
Techfixer

quote:

ORIGINAL: El_Condoro

Go to the build limit of the nation/s that you want to change. campaign/country data/edit unit build data
For the number added per Amphib level increase: as above but go to edit research/advanced/upgrades/automatic increments/(select transport, amphib or LR amphib/click amphib warfare/change the build limit
You'll need to apply that the the nations you want to change or use the Apply Data button to do it en masse (but be careful with that)

Unfortunately it didn't work. I did the following: for Germany and Italy I selected "edit research/advanced/upgrades/automatic increments/LR amphib/warfare/change the build limit" and changed it from 1 to 10. I applied the settings for these 2 nations and saved the campaign. When I start it and try to select LR Amphibious Transport it still shows 0. Not sure if it makes a difference or not, I have already loaded close to 25 LR amphibious transports cruising but I don't want to be limited to create more until I unload the existing ones. In my opinion it is not realistic. I don't mind to wait for the next turn but in each turn I want to be able to create 10 more LR Amphibious transports independently of how many are currently loaded. And it is not for Sealion, it is for US/Canada (I want to be able to perform 3 simultaneous landings or I don't have a chance). How can I do that? Are the steps to edit, as you wrote, "the number added per Amphib level increase" the correct ones to do what I'm looking for, or I need to edit a different parameter?

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/22/2022 2:45:14 PM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 4
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 7:29:28 PM   
El_Condoro

The addition per level is added each time you get another level of amphib warfare, so not for what you want. Go to the build limit of the nation/s that you want to change. campaign/country data/edit unit build data. I assume this is for a custom campaign - you can't change it for the main campaigns except by increasing amphib warfare tech (or using other nationalities, as Duedman said)

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 5
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 7:45:38 PM   
Techfixer

quote:

The addition per level is added each time you get another level of amphib warfare, so not for what you want. Go to the build limit of the nation/s that you want to change. campaign/country data/edit unit build data. I assume this is for a custom campaign - you can't change it for the main campaigns except by increasing amphib warfare tech (or using other nationalities, as Duedman said)

Hello again. My research level for mobility and amphibious warfare have been maxed out for both nations so it's not a research limitation. Yes it is a custom campaign (the 1939 one with simultaneous turns, nothing else changed). So back to my previous question, increasing built limits doesn't give me the option to have more LR amphibious ships per turns until I land the existing ones. How can I surpass this limitation? I don't want to add to Germany or Italy build option for LR amphibious ships, name them etc. since that was not intended by the game designer for Axis (it shows 0 in the editor) so I want to leave it as is.

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/22/2022 7:50:13 PM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 6
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 10:04:58 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Techfixer

quote:

Hello again. My research level for mobility and amphibious warfare have been maxed out for both nations so it's not a research limitation. Yes it is a custom campaign (the 1939 one with simultaneous turns, nothing else changed). So back to my previous question, increasing built limits doesn't give me the option to have more LR amphibious ships per turns until I land the existing ones. How can I surpass this limitation? I don't want to add to Germany or Italy build option for LR amphibious ships, name them etc. since that was not intended by the game designer for Axis (it shows 0 in the editor) so I want to leave it as is.

I don't entirely follow. Are you saying you haven't increased the build limits in the build limit options? That is the most likely way to give you more LR amphibs. Though I have never tested increasing the limits that high so can't say for sure whether it will work.

Also, 25 units conducting an amphibious assault is quite a lot, I doubt you would need more even for an assault on North America.

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 7
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 10:33:36 PM   
Techfixer

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

quote:

quote:

I don't entirely follow. Are you saying you haven't increased the build limits in the build limit options? That is the most likely way to give you more LR amphibs. Though I have never tested increasing the limits that high so can't say for sure whether it will work.

Also, 25 units conducting an amphibious assault is quite a lot, I doubt you would need more even for an assault on North America.

To answer your questions: Yes I changed the value from 1 to 5,6,7 etc. I'm still not able to have more than 1 LR Amphibious ship per turn. The research level has been maxed out in both nations. As far the 25 amphibious units are concerned, trust me it's not a lot. I'm in the middle 1943 and they have developed strategic bombers. I tried during 1941 (before I crushed USSR) to assault them multiple times and they destroyed my units with their tanks. This time my goal is to land my forces during winter when their air force won't be effective and (if I resolve the LR amphibious limit) to attack them from 3 sides. I have veteran forces from eastern front (11-12 strength with 3 flags experience) so my goal is to finish them within a month (simultaneous turns).

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/22/2022 10:39:05 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 8
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 10:42:52 PM   
El_Condoro

In the 1939 campaign, the Germans start with a BL of 3 transports, 2 amphib and 0 LR amphib. Each level of amphib warfare gives an automatic increment of 0 transports, 1 amphib and 1 LR amphib (as well as a range of other combat benefits). If you are at max amphib warfare, the Germans should be able to put to sea 3 transports, 7 amphib and 5 LR amphib. The Italians start with 3-1-0 and increment according to their amphib warfare level. German minor allies like Romania start with 1-1-0 and (I assume) increment at the same rate as the Germans (parent). Of course, all these limitations are meant to represent the lack of transports that were physically available. Unless you want to fiddle around with increasing the build limits, I don't think you can achieve what you seem to want.

[Edit] Did a quick test with Germans given BL of 20 LR transports and 5000 MPPs. I placed corps around each port. As long as they have the MPPs and there is space to launch (sea hexes within a hex of the port seems to be the rule, they could get all their corps (12) to sea. They could do all of them if there were more ports for them in turn 1 w/o doing more hex editing.

[Edit}: I just read this properly!
quote:

I did the following: for Germany and Italy I selected "edit research/advanced/upgrades/automatic increments/LR amphib/warfare/change the build limit" and changed it from 1 to 10. I applied the settings for these 2 nations and saved the campaign. When I start it and try to select LR Amphibious Transport it still shows 0.
The increment won't occur until level 1 (or higher) is achieved and then it should increment by 10.

< Message edited by El_Condoro -- 1/22/2022 10:56:24 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 9
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/22/2022 11:29:34 PM   
Techfixer

quote:

In the 1939 campaign, the Germans start with a BL of 3 transports, 2 amphib and 0 LR amphib. Each level of amphib warfare gives an automatic increment of 0 transports, 1 amphib and 1 LR amphib (as well as a range of other combat benefits). If you are at max amphib warfare, the Germans should be able to put to sea 3 transports, 7 amphib and 5 LR amphib. The Italians start with 3-1-0 and increment according to their amphib warfare level. German minor allies like Romania start with 1-1-0 and (I assume) increment at the same rate as the Germans (parent). Of course, all these limitations are meant to represent the lack of transports that were physically available. Unless you want to fiddle around with increasing the build limits, I don't think you can achieve what you seem to want.

[Edit] Did a quick test with Germans given BL of 20 LR transports and 5000 MPPs. I placed corps around each port. As long as they have the MPPs and there is space to launch (sea hexes within a hex of the port seems to be the rule, they could get all their corps (12) to sea. They could do all of them if there were more ports for them in turn 1 w/o doing more hex editing.

[Edit}: I just read this properly!
quote:

I did the following: for Germany and Italy I selected "edit research/advanced/upgrades/automatic increments/LR amphib/warfare/change the build limit" and changed it from 1 to 10. I applied the settings for these 2 nations and saved the campaign. When I start it and try to select LR Amphibious Transport it still shows 0.
The increment won't occur until level 1 (or higher) is achieved and then it should increment by 10.

I have the feeling that my campaign editing doesn't affect the latest saved game. When I open the editor I select "Open user campaign" and then the *.cng file. But I'm not sure if any change applies to my latest saved game (*.dat, *.sav files in the Save folder) or just the initial campaign rules if I decide to play the campaign from the beginning. Can you elaborate? Also you wrote "The increment won't occur until level 1 (or higher) is achieved and then it should increment by 10.". I didn't get that part. Are you referring to the amphibious warfare? It's 5/5 for both Germany-Italy and I changed the Automatic Increments/Amphibious Transport (LR)/Amphibious Warfare Build Limit value from 1 to 10 which is the maximum. The value increments are 0.5.

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/22/2022 11:53:43 PM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 10
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/23/2022 12:53:37 AM   
El_Condoro

Any changes will not affect games that have been started - you have to start a new campaign, unfortunately. If you do, then you will see the number at 0 to start with, then go to 10 at level 1 amphib, then 20 and so on to 50 at level 5. If the game starts with German already on level 5, they should be able to launch 50 amphibs if they have the space and MPPs (and units, of course) and their BL has been increased to 50 - that takes precedence.

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 11
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/23/2022 1:24:50 AM   
Techfixer

quote:

Any changes will not affect games that have been started - you have to start a new campaign, unfortunately. If you do, then you will see the number at 0 to start with, then go to 10 at level 1 amphib, then 20 and so on to 50 at level 5. If the game starts with German already on level 5, they should be able to launch 50 amphibs if they have the space and MPPs (and units, of course) and their BL has been increased to 50 - that takes precedence.

So there are is nothing that can be done with the campaign in progress?? Too bad. I hope that I won't get destroyed in my first landing until the second wave is ready and shipped to the US coast...

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/23/2022 1:35:24 AM >

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 12
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/23/2022 9:12:32 AM   
The Land

quote:

So there are is nothing that can be done with the campaign in progress?? Too bad. I hope that I won't get destroyed in my first landing until the second wave is ready and shipped to the US coast...

No, there isn't. Good luck, sounds like a grand battle ahead...

1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 13
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/23/2022 6:54:49 PM   
Elessar2

Apparently the entire scenario is compressed into any given save game, scripts as well, so no, any changes made in the editor won't affect current games. [Await the devs' comments on this for the final say tho]

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 14
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/23/2022 9:21:11 PM   
Techfixer

quote:

I have another question: out of the blue on 9/1943 while Italy's morale is 60% and no Allied Force attacked Europe, Italy surrenders and I lose all my Italian troops. No big deal territorial wise since I have troops in Italy, France, Tunisia, Greece, and Middle East and get everything back but I lose 30-40% of my forces. This is definitely a strange AI decision (DE) that I must deactivate and reload the last saved game. Do you know by chance which one is it?

< Message edited by Techfixer -- 1/23/2022 9:22:28 PM >

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 15
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/24/2022 7:55:40 AM   
El_Condoro

I assume it is the historical event of Italy's surrender on 8 Sep 43. There is a script in surrender2.txt 'ALLIED AI: Italy surrenders (Italy -> USA) (50%)
It's conditions are that it is that date or later; there are no German units in Rome; 50% trigger (that's per turn, so it is pretty much definitely going to occur close to the date); Italy and USA are mobilized and not surrendered.

You don't need to edit the script or remove it, though - just go into Advanced, Scripts, Surrender#2 and click off the script.

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 16
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/24/2022 5:40:20 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elessar2

Apparently the entire scenario is compressed into any given save game, scripts as well, so no, any changes made in the editor won't affect current games. [Await the devs' comments on this for the final say tho]

That is correct, any changes to a campaign will only take effect when a new game is started.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 17
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/24/2022 5:44:06 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

quote:

I have another question: out of the blue on 9/1943 while Italy's morale is 60% and no Allied Force attacked Europe, Italy surrenders and I lose all my Italian troops. No big deal territorial wise since I have troops in Italy, France, Tunisia, Greece, and Middle East and get everything back but I lose 30-40% of my forces. This is definitely a strange AI decision (DE) that I must deactivate and reload the last saved game. Do you know by chance which one is it?

There are 3 Surrender_2 scripts for Italy.

1) Is triggered by DE 674 when Italy's NM is below 20%
2) Is triggered by DE 371 when Italy's NM is below 1%
3) Makes Italy surrender on its historical surrender date, and only when playing against the Allied AI.

So it would appear to be 3), except that this is switched OFF by default, so I wonder if you may have turned it ON at some point via the Options screen?

It can be turned on/off by going to Options -> Advanced -> Scripts -> Surrender_2 and checking/unchecking the one called #NAME= ALLIED AI: Italy Surrenders (Italy -> USA) (50%)

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 1/24/2022 5:45:23 PM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Techfixer)
Post #: 18
RE: Change amphibious units limits - 1/24/2022 6:21:17 PM   
Techfixer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

quote:

quote:

There are 3 Surrender_2 scripts for Italy.

1) Is triggered by DE 674 when Italy's NM is below 20%
2) Is triggered by DE 371 when Italy's NM is below 1%
3) Makes Italy surrender on its historical surrender date, and only when playing against the Allied AI.

So it would appear to be 3), except that this is switched OFF by default, so I wonder if you may have turned it ON at some point via the Options screen?

It can be turned on/off by going to Options -> Advanced -> Scripts -> Surrender_2 and checking/unchecking the one called #NAME= ALLIED AI: Italy Surrenders (Italy -> USA) (50%)

Correct, I turned it on accidentally. The issue was fixed. Thanks a lot!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Change amphibious units limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI