Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Should I buy?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Should I buy? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Should I buy? - 9/15/2003 5:20:31 AM   
JunkYard_Dawg

Hey all - saw Korsun Pocket in the gamestore the other day, have a question.

As an old vet of Atomics V-for-Victory series and World-At-War series -
is this along the same lines?

Is it as intuitive as the above series?

Any old V4V vets care to fill me in?
Post #: 1
- 9/15/2003 6:08:22 AM   
Adam Parker

In summary KP is a fun title, a read through the PDF rules book is a must in order to grasp the intricacies of the system though the printed tutorial booklet will lead you some way. Supply is a breeze vs World at War, the basics are highly intuitive - though without reading the manual you may not understand for example, why a combat you're planning will not activate (you need 1:2 odds or better - I sat for a while with my head askew like a confused labrador until I worked that one out).

Unlike any other system, the AI will punish you even when you think the going is good. This is partly attributable to the AI and partly the AI's ability to take advantage of the scale. Regimental units at 3km per hex leave numerous gaps in the front line for the AI to pour through. All in all, you won't be wasting your money though the number and types of issues some are going through in getting the game to run is not without interest. Not being one of them I can encourage you to give it a go on the basis of some interesting game play thus far.

(in reply to JunkYard_Dawg)
Post #: 2
Re: Should I buy? - 9/15/2003 2:02:18 PM   
Pawlock

[QUOTE=JunkYard_Dawg]Hey all - saw Korsun Pocket in the gamestore the other day, have a question. As an old vet of Atomics V-for-Victory series and World-At-War series - is this along the same lines? Is it as intuitive as the above series? Any old V4V vets care to fill me in?[/QUOTE] Was one of my favourite games the V4V series, KP is sooooo much better, enought said.

(in reply to JunkYard_Dawg)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Should I buy? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI