Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/30/2022 4:59:02 PM   
SchDerGrosse

So, I have limited understanding of the whole logistics system, but as far as I know it should work like this:

Units on the field get replacement in the form of "freight". This means that if your logistics network is poor, your units will not get resupplied let alone actual replacement of men and material.

Now, units on top of an NSS or in the reserve on the other hand should have virtually infinite amount of freight, therefore the only constraint with regards to their TOE being brought up to the maximum should be the availability of the actual equipment to be replaced.

In contrast to this, it is quite hectic whether my units in the reserve receive replacement or not, and they tend to get stuck at about 80% TOE and remain there, despite the fact, that they could be fully reinforced if the game wanted to.

Take a look at these aircraft for example. It should have 40 planes, yet it only has 32. I have available pilots, I have available planes, why is it not reaching full combat strenght?

The same goes for these JU88-s. These are sitting on 23 planes for quite some turns now and refuse to reach their full capacity of 30.

The situation is similar with SU-s in the OKH, which is currently sitting in Warsaw with ample of supplies stored in the depo, yet many of my ENG or Stug SU-s for example do not seem to be getting reinforced (I have tons of Stugs in the pool).

Can anyone explain the situation?

Thanks,

Post #: 1
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/30/2022 5:06:15 PM   
jhdeerslayer

I had a similar issue/confusion with land units in Reserve. It looked to me that when I transferred from the Map to Reserve they got set to Refit Off. I had to manually set them to On in the Reserve. And what also threw me was they showed REFIT OFF in Reserve which means that is their status and not a click spot to make them REFIT OFF.

I though all units in Reserve are Auto Refit but maybe I'm confused...

(in reply to SchDerGrosse)
Post #: 2
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/30/2022 5:18:04 PM   
Stamb

When we are talking about planes - there is no refit mode for them.

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 3
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/30/2022 5:50:46 PM   
loki100

ok, lets split this down

units, did you check the TOE, use the screen and it will tell you exactly what is missing, a Stug battalion may well be missing a secondary part of its TOE - but generally the Germans run very short of them, as they used in many formations and tend to be heavily used in combat

air, you have those units on TPI, so they won't reinforce unless they can link a pilot to the plane, so that may well be your bottleneck?

oh, and a wee plea ... resize the images so they are easy to read if at all possible

(in reply to SchDerGrosse)
Post #: 4
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/30/2022 6:17:27 PM   
xhoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

air, you have those units on TPI, so they won't reinforce unless they can link a pilot to the plane, so that may well be your bottleneck?

His units are set to priority and normal which makes this whole situation even more weird as they should be filling up immediately since they can drop pilots from the untrained pool.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465
WitE 2 Tester and Test Coordinator

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/31/2022 3:45:01 PM   
Cavalry Corp

I have planes set to auto upgrade in reserve but nothing happens I have had to do them all manually in early 42

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 6
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/31/2022 3:59:39 PM   
loki100

auto upgrade is very different to taking on replacements, the routine tends not to upgrade till there is a decent stock of the target - both enough for the upgrade to take place and to sustain operations

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 7
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/31/2022 4:02:42 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Ok thanks but all my air is still in NR and I just swapped out 200 109 for around FW190 Feb 42. No planes have changed at all - should we have a message ( would be nice)

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 8
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/31/2022 4:35:32 PM   
loki100

I think auto upgrades/down grades are reported in the logistics log

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 9
RE: Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve - 1/31/2022 5:29:52 PM   
Cavalry Corp

ok Tks

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Units not getting their TOE replaced in the reserve Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI