Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft factories not expanding?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft factories not expanding? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 6:12:40 AM   
BananaConvention

Still learning Japanese economy, please bear with me!

I have increased the production capacity of the D4Y1 Judy to 30 units last turn, but it still shows a 0(30). I've seen similar results from a number of factories I've spent funds expanding. My question is, how many turns does it take for the increased production capacity to kick in?

Screenshot attached:

Attachment (1)

Oberleutnant Joachim "Jochen" Heiden
3./JG51 "Mölders"

Currently looking for Allied PBEM opponents
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 6:22:15 AM   
jdsrae

Aircraft research factories don’t repair every turn.
There is a formula based on how far away the arrival date is, so the closer it gets the higher the chance of a point being repaired.
It looks like you have met the 10k supply rule at each base, and have set repairs to yes, so all that is left from here is to be patient.
I’ll find the formula later and post here, if someone doesn’t beat me to it, but it will take months to fully repair those factories.

< Message edited by jdsrae -- 2/13/2022 6:26:20 AM >

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to BananaConvention)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 7:10:41 AM   
BananaConvention

quote:

Aircraft research factories don’t repair every turn.
There is a formula based on how far away the arrival date is, so the closer it gets the higher the chance of a point being repaired.
It looks like you have met the 10k supply rule at each base, and have set repairs to yes, so all that is left from here is to be patient.
I’ll find the formula later and post here, if someone doesn’t beat me to it, but it will take months to fully repair those factories

Thank you for clarifying the R&D. What about aircraft currently in production? I have expanded several A6M2 Zero factories and they have not changed either. Do they not expand the next turn?

3./JG51 "Mölders"

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 7:16:34 AM   
jdsrae

Production factories should repair one point per turn if you have repair = yes and more than 10k supply at the base.
They will use 1k supply per point of repair.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no SolInvictus): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 7:19:45 AM   
Maallon

Post #4 explains in great detail the R&D system:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4354969

quote:

On average, the time to fully repair an unrepaired factory will be ~63% of the time to arrival

The A6M2 factory should expand every turn. Have you over 10k supply and engineers in the base?

Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 10:02:39 AM   
JanSako

Not only must engineers be present, but they must be in Combat mode, meaning if you look at the base screen, it must have a number of engineers showing.

(Engineers at R&R do not repair or build anything).

(in reply to Maallon)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 2:36:03 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSako

Not only must engineers be present, but they must be in Combat mode, meaning if you look at the base screen, it must have a number of engineers showing.

(Engineers at R&R do not repair or build anything).

Engineers are not required to repair aircraft factories, just supply over 10K, and time....

(in reply to JanSako)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 2:59:16 PM   
BananaConvention

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Engineers are not required to repair aircraft factories, just supply over 10K, and time....

So when ARE engineers needed as it pertains to industry? And is there any minimum unit size, or do they just need to be an engineer unit card of any type?

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 3:53:39 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BananaConvention

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

So when ARE engineers needed as it pertains to industry? And is there any minimum unit size, or do they just need to be an engineer unit card of any type?

It is assumed that civilian engineers will handle construction or repair of industry, and operating it too of course. Your engineers are for building or repairing military facilities.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 5:01:24 PM   
Maallon

I just tested it as it seemed odd to me but it is indeed the case that no engineers are required to repair industry.
Another thing I seem to be doing wrong for more than two years of playing this game.
Currently I am wondering where this misinformation comes from as it seems to be a somewhat common misconception.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/13/2022 5:06:44 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maallon

I just tested it as it seemed odd to me but it is indeed the case that no engineers are required to repair industry.
Another thing I seem to be doing wrong for more than two years of playing this game.
Currently I am wondering where this misinformation comes from as it seems to be a somewhat common misconception.

Not sure, but you do not need engineers to repair industry, ever. Just supply and time. Engineers are only for Airfields, Ports, and Forts...military stuff.

(in reply to Maallon)
Post #: 11
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/14/2022 3:34:06 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

It may be that other game required your engineers to work on civilian infrastructure. This game draws a strict line between civilian and military. You never have to repair civilian houses either! The only exception I have seen is the user-created mods that have civilian populace that you must try to save from the enemy. I am not even sure if those mods require you to bring supply to feed them, just get them moved before the enemy arrives.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Maallon)
Post #: 12
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/14/2022 11:46:00 AM   
Maallon

Hmmm, I can't remember I every played a wargame where you would need engineers to repair civilian structures.
I have a suspicion that it is buried somewhere in a guide or a primer, especially because the misconception is somewhat common and can be found on other places in the forum.(though maybe it is just a snowball effect)
But I could be wrong and I don't want to go on a witch hunt.

Either way thank you guys for clearing that up! It is good to know that civilian and military structures are handled separately in the game.
I suddenly have a lot of engineer LCUs available for more important tasks.

Back to the original question:
@BananaConvention were you able to figure out why your A6M2 factories were not repairing?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/15/2022 5:48:59 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Hmmm, I can't remember I every played a wargame where you would need engineers to repair civilian structures.
I have a suspicion that it is buried somewhere in a guide or a primer, especially because the misconception is somewhat common and can be found on other places in the forum.(though maybe it is just a snowball effect)
But I could be wrong and I don't want to go on a witch hunt.

Either way thank you guys for clearing that up! It is good to know that civilian and military structures are handled separately in the game.
I suddenly have a lot of engineer LCUs available for more important tasks.

Back to the original question:
@BananaConvention were you able to figure out why your A6M2 factories were not repairing?

Engineers are not required for anything to do with factories, never have as far as I can remember. All you need is >10K supply for them to repair.

(in reply to Maallon)
Post #: 14
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/15/2022 1:35:11 PM   
Ian R

quote:

It comes from being given incorrect information on this forum, conveyed by people who think they know what they are talking about but don't, and have, due to personal animosities, deliberately trolled those who do, into angry responses, complained about them, and caused them to be banned.

Adios amigo.

Edit: see PM.

< Message edited by Ian R -- 2/15/2022 2:05:03 PM >

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Maallon)
Post #: 15
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/15/2022 11:57:06 PM   
BananaConvention

quote:

I believe it was because of 10K supply, plus I misunderstood how the R&D aircraft factory numbers worked. The actual working production factories appear to be expanding when they have the supply.

3./JG51 "Mölders"

(in reply to Maallon)
Post #: 16
RE: Aircraft factories not expanding? - 2/17/2022 1:06:13 AM   
geofflambert

You have engineers in your cities. There's no reason to portray them as military units, they're inherent. Some of your ports have inherent naval support as well.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft factories not expanding? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI