Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cheaper corps for China and USSR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Cheaper corps for China and USSR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/6/2022 1:07:47 PM   
shri

Both china and ussr have an issue.
The solution can be in the form of a cheaper corps (call it Gulag or prisoner corps if you want).
Corps will have lower attack by 1/2 than normal, but same defense, cannot be rebuilt but will cost only half, say 75MPP. Anti Air upgrades and mobility upgrades should also never be applicable to it

To ensure no gamey play, they can come only by event/decision.

It is 1940 and China has lost Nanning and 2 or more key cities and income is low.
Decision- Mobilise warlord forces? For 500 MPP, you get 7 cheap corps over 2 turns, the cost is 50MPP per turn for 10 turns.
No- Nothing.

Same with USSR.
It is minimum 3 months (3 turns) after Germany declared war and Riga, Smolensk, Odessa, Kiev, Dniepropetrovsk and Sevastopol (or 4 of these have fallen)
For 500MPP at 50MPP for 10 turns get upgraded (level 1 or 2 depending on research) 7 corps to deploy spread over 1 or 2 turns as suicidal defenders. Can be reinforced, but if completely killed cannot be bought again.

This will help both get a temporary respite which slows down the advance of Ger and Jap. It gives temporary additional units to hold partial front or swap out units from key places and put these chaps there.

Instead of Garrison units, these units can be given in non recruitable mode with 10 strength, lower attack but same defense.
Post #: 1
RE: Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/8/2022 5:42:49 PM   
Chernobyl

I thought of something like this for China, to help make them strong on defense but weak on attack, but a corps that can't counterattack isn't very fun. Counterattacking is an important part of defense too. If the enemy can just waltz right up to you then you're doomed.

It also kind of goes against the game philisophy which tries to minimize the number of units and keep it simple, love it or hate it.

A better idea might be a special tech that gives chinese land units +1 entrenchment?

< Message edited by Chernobyl -- 2/8/2022 5:43:29 PM >

(in reply to shri)
Post #: 2
RE: Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/8/2022 9:36:18 PM   
ThunderLizard11

Soviets need something - too common for them to collapse by late '43 before Allies can make any large landings

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 3
RE: Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/9/2022 8:42:45 AM   
BillRunacre

Is that still the case though, given there have been some significant pro-Allied changes in recent patches?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 4
RE: Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/9/2022 4:00:37 PM   
calcwerc

I dont think so. In the current state, I find it much easier to play Allies than Axis. I am aware that some expert players probably still have a way to play axis that might get them an edge, but I think for most players in the ELO league, the Russians are much stronger with the current changes. One can discuss wether the extra elite units in Siberia is way to go, or if more, less strong units would give a better eastern front-feeling.
I also think that the other changes you have brought up has really made the Pacific an interesting theatre again. I pretty much used to ignore it, that is not as advantegous as it used to anymore.
With stronger Russia and more american mobilization with Japanese expansion in China, one might rather think about an axis buff or two. But lets give it a few more games, and see how the changes play out.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
RE: Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/9/2022 9:40:45 PM   
ThunderLizard11

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Is that still the case though, given there have been some significant pro-Allied changes in recent patches?

It's still too easy for strong players to take out Soviets by end of '43 before Allies have a chance to do much of anything in Europe.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 6
RE: Cheaper corps for China and USSR - 2/10/2022 10:45:53 AM   
gpcgarag

Iam a relativ new Player here,
And a Victim of beeing overun from capable Axis Players as Sowjets all the Time:-)

The one thing that Tipps the Iceberg for me is the Yougos, and Turks joining the Axis, and not getting the Techlevels that I need in Time. So its most of the Time me not getting my Stuff together as reason for beeing overrun!
On the other Hand i think that one of the Reasons for the fast Fall of the Sowjets is, that the Axis advance is to fast. Iff the Axis breake trough the first Line, there is no time left to dig in the second Line, and iff you loose Units in Encirclements you loose that rebuilding bonus for these Units and it is very expansive to rebuilt them, and than the losses just multyply because of way to few Units. At least in my experine.

But i have some Ideas in my Brain to share on this toppic

-Maybe ist just increasing the movements costs in the Ukraine/Kaukasus Region to slow the Axis a little more ans sowjets have time to recover a little longer.
-Maybe some spawned Korps in the Kaukasus, when Turks join Axis, and a War-readyness boost, if the Jugos join Axis before Barbarossa.
-Maybe just one extra Pioneer korps per decission with sligtly reduced costs.
-And that the Japanese just declare against you after the US is in the War, and not getting any Penalty for signing a Nonagressionpact earlyer is also something that should be adressed somehow.

Just some Ideas.
Sorry for crazy English

Grüße Garag

< Message edited by gpcgarag -- 2/10/2022 10:49:21 AM >

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Cheaper corps for China and USSR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI