Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

State of the AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> State of the AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
State of the AI - 2/15/2022 3:28:04 PM   
stryc

I've been paying close attention to this title and watching a number of plays. I've not bought it yet as I have a question about the AI: is it up to snuff?

The reason I ask is I've seen the AI fail to defend key 'in harms way' locations, i.e., within one turn's movement range of known enemy positions, numerous times.
Post #: 1
RE: State of the AI - 2/15/2022 5:01:08 PM   
runyan99

I suspect the AI isn't really up to the task of dealing with the complexity. Anecdotally, playing Arracourt as the Germans once versus the AI and once versus a human, the outcome was radically different. In the game versus the AI I pretty much took all objectives and mashed the AI. Versus the human the outcome was almost a tie.

(in reply to stryc)
Post #: 2
RE: State of the AI - 2/15/2022 7:18:37 PM   
vege1

The AI is capable in picking the right defensive locations, but it might be too eager to react to enemy moves, meaning that it voluntarily retreats from those ideal defensive spots too easily (if it feels threatened elsewhere). Also, the offensive AI does not seem to be as coordinated in its attacks as a human player. In small/medium scenarios the AI can be beaten very easily (even against very hard AI with slow speed setting). I think that the main scenarios are most well-balanced at the moment, at least based on my +100 hours experience.

(in reply to runyan99)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> State of the AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI