Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start of game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start of game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start of game - 2/17/2022 2:05:52 AM   
Georgia22

Hello,
Have just begun to learn the game. I started the 1941 game to get a look at it all and found (I was playing Soviets) that the game started immediately with the German attack. I need some time to see where my units are, get the lay of the land ect.
Is there a way to open a scenario but not have the Germans immediately attack?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start o... - 2/17/2022 5:57:26 AM   
Chris21wen

No this is turn based game and in the full campaign the Germans get to go first. Also, and most importantly the first German turn, like real life, is a surprise attack.

I should add that maybe mods where the Soviets are strong and more prepared but the Germans will always go first, or should.

(in reply to Georgia22)
Post #: 2
RE: Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start o... - 2/17/2022 7:04:22 AM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: Georgia22

Hello,
Have just begun to learn the game. I started the 1941 game to get a look at it all and found (I was playing Soviets) that the game started immediately with the German attack. I need some time to see where my units are, get the lay of the land ect.
Is there a way to open a scenario but not have the Germans immediately attack?

Thanks

You can open the scenario in the editor, switch to the Soviet side with the W button and view your troops before the German attack. You can even change the script and make the Soviet side first, but then the Germans will not be able to attack on June 22, but only next week. If you change the script, it's best to save it under a different name. I once did a scenario where the Russians attack first in July 1941. By the way, please note that if the scenario starts on June 22, then the number and experience of Soviet troops is subject to random changes before the start of the game and will not be the same as indicated in the editor.

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to Georgia22)
Post #: 3
RE: Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start o... - 2/17/2022 9:10:04 AM   
Georgia22

Very good. Thanks both.

(in reply to Georgia22)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Extreme newbie question - Can you pause the start of game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI