Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues - 2/22/2022 1:37:34 AM   
BrianSchick

Hello everyone.
This problem has been bugging me since for a long time now. The automatic resource pathing doesn't optimize total resource paths.

But now, when I use the right click and left click to set a manual sea route for the CW Venuzuelan oil, it doesn't keep my path when I press recompute.
The auto pather wants to send the Venuzuelian oil through the central atlantic when a perfectly good East Coast route exists. Instead it disrupts my South African resources by bouncing the Guyanan resources into the Cape Verde so the Venuzuelian oil can go through the Central Atlantic.

I reset everything the right way with the manual right click and click a path for each resource, but when I click 'recompute', it resets everything to the maddening auto-picked route lists, dropping two precious resources to rot on the docks of Africa.

And now, in 4.1.1, I occasionally get the "That is an all railway path" error when I right click on the first errant sea zone of a sea path. Fiddling with the where to button and the default / override buttons can get around the all rail path fake error.

But still, maddening.

Here, you try it. Send all venuzuelian oil and the port of spain oil to england via the east coast, and send the two guyanan oil to england via the central atlantic. Let me know if it stays put for you.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues - 2/22/2022 1:48:12 AM   
BrianSchick

Here's the fake bug.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BrianSchick)
Post #: 2
RE: 4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues - 2/22/2022 4:54:13 AM   
paulderynck

Were you trying to change the route with the Default setting?

Paul

(in reply to BrianSchick)
Post #: 3
RE: 4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues - 2/22/2022 6:59:01 PM   
paulderynck

I spent a lot of time on this and have been unable to get the oil going to Free France to work correctly. The program insists on sending it to production in Algiers, but there's no factory in Algiers. If you switch to Free France, there is no TR entry for oil.

Switching back to the CW, there was a time when I could edit the convoy routes but the one for the oil to Free France always comes up blank.

Paul

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
RE: 4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues - 2/22/2022 8:32:38 PM   
Centuur

1. Force the resource which goes through the Central Atlantic to go to a city/factory in the UK of your choice (default setting). Press recompute.
2. Change the route that that resource is taking (right click on central atlantic and than left click on East Coast, North Atlantic and double left click on FarOes Gap. Press recompute.

It is OK after this...

Attachment (1)

Peter

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> 4.4.1.0 Production Planning Sea Route blues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI