Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A good thumping

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> A good thumping Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A good thumping - 9/22/2003 3:48:52 PM   
Comrade Strax

Hello, I'm new to serious wargaming, All I'd played was CC on PS1 before
and I'm finding KP a new and different challenge. The most challenging thing seems to be stopping my wife nagging about how much time I spend on the pc.

I've tried upto turn 11 sofar on the 'big' game and up until now have
been doing reasonably well but have a nasty feeling that the Bosch are about to tear my open and undefended flanks to pieces...we live and learn.

I have a few questions you could help me with.

In the game packaging there is a registration number, for me to be
able to get the lateset downloads etc. I can't seem to find anywhere to
register, any ideas?

I keep reading about TOA or is that TAO....um, I feel like I should
know and am a bit embarassed to ask but, what does it stand for?

Finally, when a supply trucks load has been used up, as a good few of
mine have, what do I need to do to resupply it? Do I need to get it's supply net in range with a supply dump?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to getting thumped by some of you in the near future.

Comrade Strax.
Post #: 1
- 9/22/2003 7:53:27 PM   
Pawlock

[QUOTE=Comrade Strax]Hello, I'm new to serious wargaming, All I'd played was CC on PS1 before and I'm finding KP a new and different challenge. The most challenging thing seems to be stopping my wife nagging about how much time I spend on the pc. I've tried upto turn 11 sofar on the 'big' game and up until now have been doing reasonably well but have a nasty feeling that the Bosch are about to tear my open and undefended flanks to pieces...we live and learn. I have a few questions you could help me with. In the game packaging there is a registration number, for me to be able to get the lateset downloads etc. I can't seem to find anywhere to register, any ideas? I keep reading about TOA or is that TAO....um, I feel like I should know and am a bit embarassed to ask but, what does it stand for? Finally, when a supply trucks load has been used up, as a good few of mine have, what do I need to do to resupply it? Do I need to get it's supply net in range with a supply dump? Thanks in advance, I look forward to getting thumped by some of you in the near future. Comrade Strax.[/QUOTE]The Ardennes Offensive(TOA, TAO1, TAO2 and TAO3( which is included with KP)) Im no Guru on supply, it seems your Supply trucks are outta supply because they are too far from a supply source(normally map edges). Roads are ideal places for supply trucks as to trace a route unhindered normally on road from source to truck costs 0 op points per hex, however non road hexes and rivers and interdiction can shorten this route and I belive there is a figure(cant remember offhand) of 5op points from source to truck?????. The main thing to remember as long as you can get it into a place where it can be supplied it should not run out. In esscence, keep your trucks near or on roads whenever possble. Hope I explain it ok, even now I get confused myself.

(in reply to Comrade Strax)
Post #: 2
- 9/22/2003 8:14:37 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE=Comrade Strax]The most challenging thing seems to be stopping my wife nagging about how much time I spend on the pc.[/QUOTE] You´re on a very good way of becomming a hardcore wargamer. You´re about to take the first hurdle ;) [QUOTE=Comrade Strax] In the game packaging there is a registration number, for me to be able to get the lateset downloads etc. I can't seem to find anywhere to register, any ideas?[/QUOTE] It seem you bought the Just PLay (european version) of Korsun Pocket. Please consult [url]www.justplaynow.com[/url] for the upcoming updates and patches. Patches and updates for the US version will not work with the european version.

(in reply to Comrade Strax)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> A good thumping Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI