Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reaction Turn Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Reaction Turn Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reaction Turn Question - 8/8/2001 3:37:00 AM   
A_B

I was just testing a scenario i build, and a german tank with a reaction turn of 12 started moving on turn 3. I double checked it, to make sure i hadn't screwed it up. Does anyone know what could have caused this. Detials; russin human vs german ai. June 41. german advance. weather clear.

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought
Post #: 1
- 8/8/2001 3:49:00 AM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by A_B: I was just testing a scenario i build, and a german tank with a reaction turn of 12 started moving on turn 3. I double checked it, to make sure i hadn't screwed it up. Does anyone know what could have caused this. Detials; russin human vs german ai. June 41. german advance. weather clear.
I assume you´re playing V6.1! Anyway...at times when the AI does not own any VHs (Victory Hexes) the AI seems to ignore reaction turns when on Advance or Assault mission. Try giving the AI some invisible special VHs. The ones that just the AI can see and place them near the tanks that ignore reaction turns. Maybe the problem is something different, I think mosh should step in here! :D (Radios?) _________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 2
- 8/8/2001 4:35:00 AM   
skukko

Howdy :) Harry has it right, try at the first step AIs own decoys, invisible VOs. If that doesn't work try to change manually all these reaction-time units to AIs control. You know: From HQ turn that human face to pc. Sounds odd but it can work ;) As it is AI who is advancing, you can also try to set that formation to defence and give it that reaction time. Game engine walks over your defence -stance if it is advancing/ assaulting. You can see it by running the scenatio AI versus AI. If you get it to work by testing like this, then it works against human. There is more tricks to do it, but these are easier and not so dependable of C&C... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 3
- 8/8/2001 4:55:00 AM   
A_B

Mosh, The AI had invisiable hexes already, not close, but they were there. I did run it AI vs AI, and it worked, thats why it is buggin me. I guess i could go in and take the reaction turn off, and reapply it, to get it to 'stick'. It was just a wierd thing that really pissed me off after testing it AI vs. AI.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 4
- 8/8/2001 11:19:00 AM   
David boutwell

I tried changing control from "manual" to "AI" and then saving to help solve this same annoying old problem, but when closed the scenario and reopened it in the editor, all of the controls that I had changed were back on "manual"! What's up with that?? David Boutwell

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 5
- 8/8/2001 12:17:00 PM   
A_B

I've had this happen as well. I came to the assumption that if the side is AI controled, that that flag is ignored. Am i right on this?

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 6
- 8/8/2001 3:14:00 PM   
skukko

So far we'll have to live with the editor, -calm down and learn its bad habits. It does reset AI to defence if its under assault. Advance should work either ways, defence and advance) but sometimes also these stances are reseted to what is in main editor screen. Best solution so far is tha Allways before saving check again AIs stances and this control (human head/AI). Annoying but I aint real coder... Victory Objective needs to be under Zero-unit og the platoon to keep rest of the formation in place in Defence-mission for AI. If you set the flag somewhere else all they move if they reach the contact with Zero -unit (leader of formation). If nothing else help, take out their radios and hide their leader. That would work, but it should work with only setting them to defence and giving them reaction time 99. Check if these are kept in the scenario as stances might have been changed... mosh Hi David, whats up in scenario design ?

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 7
- 8/9/2001 2:55:00 AM   
Wild Bill

This has been covered before in detail but I understand David's and A_B's frustration. There are many things that can cause this. What puzzles me is the fact in AI vs AI you say the tank did wait until T12. Is that correct. But when you played the Allied side, the German tank began moving on turn 3? Some more questions: Did you have the battle set to Advance-Delay or Assault-Defend? I read what you said, just want to be sure. Did you buy the units before or after you made this setting? How close is the tank to the nearest VH? How close did you come to the tank before it moved with your units? How could you see it move on T3 unless you had it in sight? A clarification. When you save the scenario and have a unit set to computer, and then reopen it, it will appear to have gone back to human control or out from under the setting. That is not or should not be the case. Even the human head reappears, it should still be under the designated orders. Waypoints should not be essential but did you set them for this tank? Did it have an objective hex set for the tank's formation? Were other tanks in the formation moving also? What kind of victory flags are you using? Points at end, points per turn, exit points, no points, Desired by AI but no points? SO many things can affect this setting. Hard to know from here. I will say that if it is all set as it should be, you should not have this problem so we must be missing something here.

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Reaction Turn Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI