Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stalingrad, is it realy important?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Stalingrad, is it realy important? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stalingrad, is it realy important? - 9/8/2003 9:08:38 PM   
Kung Karl

The city of stalingrad is always considered an inportant tow to conquer in any WW2 game. But in reality it was not even mentioned by Hitler or the generals in the planning of the 1942 summer offensive. It was not important for the outcome of the war or the offensive in question. It was only Hiters obssesion that demanded the fall of the city.

So, in games the city should not be as important as it is considered imo. Sure it could have some impact on morale but in games it is ioften requierd to conquer the city to win. That is not true and realistisc I think.

SO, any thoughts on the subject? Should Stalingrad have such an huge impact in WW2 games as it has or should it be hadnled historical and only be a city on the map.
Post #: 1
- 9/8/2003 9:17:28 PM   
riverbravo

[QUOTE=Kung Karl]The city of tslingrad is always considered an inportant tow to conquer in any WW2 game. But in reality it was not even mentioned by Hitler or the generals in the planning of the 1942 summer offensive. It was not important for the outcome of the war or the offensive in question. It was only Hiters obssesion that demanded the fall of the city.

So, in games the city should not be as important as it is considered imo. Sure it could have some impact on morale but in games it is ioften requierd to conquer the city to win. That is not true and realistisc I think.

SO, any thoughts on the subject? Should Stalingrad have such an huge impact in WW2 games as it has or should it be hadnled historical and only be a city on the map.[/QUOTE]

It should be covered in wargames as an important battle.

It was an epic battle in a huge city that lasted months.

I think it should be a bit more than a city on a map.

I laugh at hurricanes!

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Stalingrad, is it realy important? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI